Kits [v1.7.4]

Release v1.7.3:

Tested on SpongeForge 1262

Changes:

• Bug fixes

Enjoy this update! :smile:

Thank you very much!

Having an issue with kits.

I changed the config from seconds to MINUTES. Which for the most part is working out fine.
However, every kit is correct except for a donation kit and the starter kit.

Donor kits are set for 24 hours as you can see here:

kits {
expert {
interval=1440
item=“pixelmon:item.Rare_Candy 10,pixelmon:item.Ultra_Ball 10,experience_bottle 10,pixelmon:item.Master_Ball,”
}
almighty {
interval=1440
item=“pixelmon:item.Rare_Candy 30,pixelmon:item.Ultra_Ball 30,experience_bottle 30,pixelmon:item.Master_Ball 5,”

Almighty is also a donor kit and working perfectly… however expert is not. Although they both say interval of 1440, expert is making those with the kit wait 85,402 minutes before their next use… which makes no sense by looking at the kit setup above^

The starter kit does not support a year’s worth of time as well… and ends up looking like the above ^^ image and players can get the kit every 24 hours instead of a year. I am unsure, but perhaps you have the maximum interval being 24 hours?

}
starter {
    interval=525600 (minutes)

Is it possible to bypass the cooldown for staff for testing purposes and the reload command doesn’t update when the file is changed, a restart is required.

2 Likes

Reload will not update your avaliable Kits - you’re correct that a restart is required.

I’ll add this option.

To All Users of this Plugin:

Nucleus, a plugin made by @dualspiral and I, has officially released a beta. I encourage you all to try it out, as its Kits module will be replacing this plugin entirely, which is why work on this plugin has significantly slowed down to mainly bug fixes as of late. Thanks :slight_smile:

I look forward to using it… however, it’s stated on nucleus to not use this on a main server for it is needing beta testing.
So server owners with an active 1.8 server kind of rely on this plugin unless we move and become more familiar with other kit plugins on here. :confused:

Yeah I am just giving the heads-up to go look at it, as this will be discontinued - however the builds will obviously stay public and such.

1 Like

Could you at least help with the fact that one of my donor kits, even tho set up to 24 hours like all the other kits… is making players wait for like 10x longer?

Yeah will do soon

I fixed it for the time being actually.
It seems the kit on the very top may simply not work correctly?

for example, kit expert was the one not working… so I placed the exact kit above expert with a random name similar in alphabetical order and now expert works with the correct time.

Yeah, it’s simply because the timer was already started beforehand - so it messed up their remaining times for the expert kit when you changed it.

Hmmm, just wondering if it’s possible to run Nucleus with EssentialCmds and Kits at the same time, or will that result in a conflict?

In theory, you can, but it would require messing about with the command aliases in Sponge’s config. EssentialCmds registers commands earlier in the lifecycle (or rather, Nucleus is later in the cycle, by design), so you need to force Sponge to take commands from Nucleus.

If you use Nucleus, there is little to no reason to use Kits as well.

Do you mean that, EssentialsCmds commands will override Nucleus commands or vice versa?

And yeah since Nucleus already has kits fully implemented (or so i think), there won’t be a reason to use kits if I have Nucleus

EssentialCmds will override Nucleus.

1 Like

Is there a way to fix this? xD

This would be conflicting for those with 2 or more ranks

incorrect, the PermissionsAPI grabs the first reference to a permission/option it comes across, so allowing a permission in one group but denying it in another doesn’t cause a conflict at all

let’s say these are trainer’s permissions
“kits.use.default”: -1,
“kits.use.Trainer”: 1,
“kits.use.Novice”: -1,
“kits.use.Veteran”: -1,
“kits.use.Ace”: -1,
and these are ace permissions:
“kits.use.default”: -1,
“kits.use.Trainer”: -1,
“kits.use.Novice”: -1,
“kits.use.Veteran”: -1,
“kits.use.Ace”: 1,

if I have someone with 2 ranks Trainer and Ace, wouldn’t “kits.use.Trainer” and “kits.use.Ace” conflict? one is enabled, one is not.