LootCrate - Discontinued

I used Lc list and Clicked on the one of the options. It gave me a command and I used it, and It still says too many arguments

You need to specify the number of crate you want to give at the end of the command

Oh ok. Also, Doing Pixelmon:item.Rare_candy for the items doesnt work.

LootCrate {
LootCrate {
Vote {
description=ā€œVote for this Key!ā€
key=false
# you can use to replace by the player who use the crate
list=[
ā€œpixelmon:item.Rare_Candy 3ā€,
ā€œpixelmonPoke_Ball 3ā€
]

Iā€™m able to load the plugin and get the crates and keys. How are you all able to use them? Iā€™ve tried placing the crate and opening it, right clicking and left clicking the crate with the key, shift clicking, putting the key inside the crate and I canā€™t get them to work. Just got the default config havenā€™t changed anything.

1 Like

Any news for API 5.0? Really waiting for this to be done to upgrade!

rip this plugin?

Most likely not. No updates or real news in the last couple of months. RIP

If thereā€™s still considerable interest in this plugin I can give it an update.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing! Judging by this thread, it seems there are quite a few wanting such a plugin. Weird that there are no other crate plugins considering how popular they are with vanilla servers

It would be awesome if you could rework this plugin and add a few features whatnot. I think it would come into use quite a bit.

Alright. Give me about a week or so to get it going. I canā€™t promise too much maintenance going forward, not sure I have time to maintain the plugin regularly and keep up with features. But I can update it and build in a few required features that people have been wanting. Iā€™ve been out of the loop with SpongePowered and Minecraft itself for awhile so I have to familiarize myself with the current API revision and reintroduce myself to Minecraft too. Iā€™ll keep everyone posted on what progress i can make.

3 Likes

Im sure myself and others would gladly donate to you for your efforts in developing the plugin. I know I will at least.

1 Like

Thatā€™s very kind, I do have a Patreon page although itā€™s rather badly designed (as is my website). I have the same username on Patreon as on the forums though.

In terms of minor status updates Iā€™m just going through the API and implementation sources again. I seem to remember looking at the source posted of this plugin, and finding it a bit messy (maybe more than a bit). Can I get a listing from all interested about what specific features people are wanting out of this? What needs to be added? Whatā€™s broken? What version of the server people need this to work on and version of Minecraft servers intend to run this with will be helpful.

Thanks.

i have the rework do but i have not the time to fix some bug who are strong

Then just hand it over to someone else who has time. Because it literally has been months and some of us on api 5 would love this plugin since no other dev from bukkit wants to move theirs.

Basically from what I am aware of, a lot of people would love some of the features from this plugin https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mystery-crate-cratereloaded-for-the-finest-servers.3663/

I know with the current api its a bit hard to do, but basically being able to place chests down, link the chest name from the config to the crate you are looking at and open it with a certain key that gives a random change to give out items you listed in the config for that specific crates.

Personally one feature I would love is to have the ability to place the crate (chest) down at one location so players can right click on it to open it and obtain a prize. Currently the only thing players can do is place the crate with/without a key. I was surprised this wasnā€™t implemented before but hopefully that can change, thanks.

@terrainwax Are you updating this or is @modwizcode ? Iā€™m confused.

Iā€™ll be updating it for sure. If terrainwax wishes to help me help the plugin they can contribute as well. Itā€™s open source. Iā€™m committing myself to at least on major update here. And unless time gets in the way, continued support.

Just to clarify. Iā€™m committing to working by myself or with @terrainwax depending on their time commitments. I donā€™t mean to take away development since it seems to not be dead/abandoned anymore. But I can definitely promise support on this right now.

Sorry if the text of my last post made that unclear.