LootCrate - Discontinued

Yeah, they messed up moving an optimization patch to 1.8.9. No issues on 1.10.2. And there is a voteright for 1.10 :stuck_out_tongue:

Im a long time ago waiting for this to be updated xD, it will? is there any eta? Would be nica if it Works with api 5 on 1.10.2

Yeah I’ve been on 1.10.2 and the newest everything. Newest pixelmon, spongeforge, forge, and all plugins. Alot of the feedback for these come from servers like mine (like the moving the pixelmon wiki to a seperate button) where we enjoy squashing the bugs as much as we enjoy catching pokemon :slight_smile:

That being said, I have had no server crashes and the only real bugs I have had with pixelmon that are game breaking turned out to be the fault of sponge or something else (like the unable to recall pokemon bug)

In fact what sparked this move to 1.10.2 over the stable builds is the 1.8.9 render glitch in minecraft itself that I could not make go away no matter what I did (the one where it renders chucks crazy slow and fills the sky with random “ghost” blocks until you get close enough to that chunk to render it)

I do wish someone would update pawn of psyduck though :frowning: we also run biomes o plenty and I miss having pokemon on it. Had to make a seperate map for biomes o plenty content so you wouldn’t miss out on pokemon while exploring it.

Anyone interested in beta testing or checking out the latest greatest of these mods can always join my server. Or watch my nightly stream (I won’t do a shameless plug, if interested just ask me for the links)

How does this post even tie in here? @Deathwhitch

1 Like

it was in reply to the post below (and on topic of the last few post before it). Maybe read more than the lastest comment before replying next time?

Sorry I was focused more on the self advertisement here I apologize for not fully reading the statement above. @Deathwhitch

I have a few questions about the plugin. For the crates, am I able to place them down in the spawn area and give players keys. When they vote or use a kit, they revieve the keys and use them on the specified crate and once used, can I make it so the key is removed from the inventory. Atm, I need both a key and crate in my inventory to use it and the crate is removed but not the key. Is that the way this is suppose to work?

The plugin is bugged and an updated hasnt been released in a while. I’d stick a fork in this plugin and call it dead.

Is there a different plugin for lootcrates then? D:

I’m sorry all. My time has so far been much more constrained than I thought, coupled with an installation of windows that was too slow to develop on. That’s the bad news anyway.

The good news is I’ve finally started to work on this, you can track my progress in the fork I’m using here: https://github.com/modwizcode/LootCrate/tree/master

I should have a functional API version 5 compatible release out later today.

And here is the first version of that updated release. It’s marked as a pre-release and alpha.1 because the additional functionality I want to add for people isn’t actually in the plugin yet and so it’s not a final build of 4.0.0 but IT IS STABLE, or as stable as the original plugin was when it was compatible.

The changelog is simply updating to 5.0 and fixing the processing of the argument for the give command.

The give command now takes an argument after the id of the crate (or key) that you will be giving.
/lc give <player> <Crate/Key> <crate_id> <number to give>

I’ll be releasing alpha.2 later today with improved command documentation and a default to 1 for the give command.

https://github.com/modwizcode/LootCrate/releases/tag/4.0.0-alpha.1

2 Likes

Will we be able to place the crates down and just run the command for the keys? So players need to walk up to the crate and right click the chest to open it? An idea because I ran into a server with a similar crate system like that and it worked well and looked nice in the spawn area.

That’s the plan for the 4.0.0 release. The alpha I just released is for people to get themselves something that works again.

Im sure this is asking for too much early on, but any idea on when the release for 4.0.0 would be? :smiley:

I love you (butstillneed15characters)

Possible update for API 6?

1 Like

It works in api 6 for me. But what I need is for them to be placeable!

Any idea if this will be updated, I’m using SpongeForge 5.1.0 right now and was really looking forward to using this plugin we have it in but with the default configs the /LC give Crate1 doesn’t work it comes back with a Not Enough Arguments! error so guessing it doesn’t work with my API

Sorry gotten busy again, next update will be soon though since the semester is wrapping up soon.

The issue with the command is that you now need to specify the quantity of the crate or key to receive. I plan to make it default to one but got busy again before I could add it. I believe it’s in the docs on the release I posted.

Thank you for the reply, I was able to give myself a key and crate with the help you provided however am unsure why there is no stone in the loot chest and the key is not used up in the process. any way you would be able to provide a config example of it randomly choosing items I could add more later on to it once I see how it is supposed to be written out, if not it fine just not understanding the layout structure it is supposed to follow.