LuckPerms | An advanced permissions plugin

Excellent! Thanks for the support. I’ll make the transient change tomorrow.

I’ve reported it in an issue to try to explain what we need.

https://github.com/lucko/LuckPerms/issues/23

GP flag defaults will no longer persist.

https://github.com/MinecraftPortCentral/GriefPrevention/commit/cd98d9ca29a5370f017921c0358772b8e2d4bbf3

Hopefully that helps your end =) Thanks for the tip.

I seem to be having a memory leak? Or maybe it’s something else. But it seems that player data inside luckperms, is randomly being deleted. Causing a player to lose anything attached to them and any permission they used to have. It’s been around once a day this seems to happen, no error no nothing. Just the player data being deleted. They still remain in the uuidcache

I’ve just updated to the latest for Luckperms(2.11.21) SF(1798) Forge(2105) and GP(2.1.0.82). Talking with blood about some default issues, I can apply the changes in flags and it changes the default permissions file and the flag looks like it changes. But nothing get’s applied. I’m using the file format.

I’ll let you know if the player data issue happens again using the latest LuckPerms
^ It just happened again and deleted my player data for the second time today. I was doing nothing but chatting on the server.

Very odd - I suggest you roll back to a build from a few days ago.

I’ve disabled CI builds for the time being, as I’m currently rewriting a large proportion of the plugin, and the resultant builds are very unstable. I’ll look into those issues as a matter of priority once I’ve finished.

(just to add that I’ve had no reports of similar issues, so I suspect that it’s an issue that was introduced in one of the more recent builds.)

Additionally regarding the Defaults, I maybe didn’t stress it enough, but it was completely untested.

I guess it would be sensible if I linked to a stable build on this page instead of the CI server. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll change that when I have a chance to as well.

@Luck The issue seems to be here

https://github.com/MinecraftPortCentral/GriefPrevention/blob/master/src/me/ryanhamshire/griefprevention/GPPermissionHandler.java#L257

PEX returns the proper value but LuckPerms doesn’t seem to be checking transient perms correctly. LuckPerms always returns UNDEFINED. Should I be using a different method?

Yeah, I see now. typo on this line…
https://github.com/lucko/LuckPerms/blob/master/sponge/src/main/java/me/lucko/luckperms/api/sponge/simple/persisted/SimplePersistedSubject.java#L92
should be “res = …”

I’ll sort that soon. Currently tied up in a huge rewrite… :frowning:

Use this build for now: https://ci.lucko.me/job/LuckPerms/221/

It won’t persist defaults but should take account of the transient ones correctly.

Ok, so uh, I’ve finished most of my major changes, the latest CI build seems stable & working. I did some brief testing with GP and all seems to be ok.

I have no clue where to start regarding your issues with data loss. If you have any ideas please let me know. I’ll take a look myself, but it sounds like it’s a race condition, so is therefore somewhat harder to diagnose.

Yeah I haven’t heard anyone else having this issue, Nucleus keeps wiping my kit data and warps and such to. So I’m not sure how to pinpoint this without an error or anything to go off of. But I’ll test out your changes for GP and defaults once you put out a good release and test that for you as well

Ah, if other data is being wiped too, then that would suggest a wider issue, probably not related to LuckPerms. Either way, feel free to drop me any ideas or theories about how said issues could be occurring and I’ll happily look into it.

The latest builds should be stable, certainly more stable than the ones released shortly before them. Make sure you download the latest GP too. :slight_smile:

Of course haha can’t report bugs if your not using the latest of everything, but some people will never understand xD

As per Support permission options other than prefix/suffix · Issue #23 · LuckPerms/LuckPerms · GitHub, that should now be working. Please use the latest CI build.

The command you need is: /luckperms user <user> meta set <key> <value> [server] [world].

Excellent =) I’m starting to send users your way so you may start to see more questions/tickets.

Ah, great! Thanks for the support :heart:

This is driving me insane so I was told you guys can help me here. I’m really old school permissions mostly via a config file and visual because face it I’m a dumbass.

That being said I’m told to use luckperms because it will give me the highest compatibility.

I want to do the following things.

4 Groups
Member → Supporter → Moderator → Administrator
(Lowest to highest and Member default).

I want to use nucleus to add color names and other chat settings here is a snip from the config file:

So each the 4 groups have their own config from nucleus.

I think want to just add some basic permissions to each of the groups.

What I figured out so far:

• Added groups
  • Adding Permissions to groups
  • Adding user to a group.

What I still need :

• nucleus colors working for each groups
  • figuring out how to set a default group?
  • how to allow admins to use moderator commands and moderator to use supporter and supporter to use member.

I hope this will not be too hard thanks :slight_smile:

Okay - firstly make sure you’re using the latest version. About 1 week ago, I made some changes to fix some issues with Nucleus integration. (nothing that Nucleus had done wrong, just my mistakes.)

So, ya, use the version released on the Ore page. :slight_smile:
https://ore-staging.spongepowered.org/Luck/LuckPerms
That should fix any issues with prefixes and suffixes.

Also, make sure you’re using the correct command.
/luckperms group admin meta addprefix 100 "&a[Admin] "

I know it’s a bit confusing. Basically, the 100 above is the prefix’s priority. When considering which prefix to apply for a user, the plugin will gather all of the prefixes they have and inherit from other groups, and select the one with the highest priority.

(I’m also aware the wiki page is outdated on this. I changed the command layout earlier this week and haven’t had a chance to update it, so apologies for that.)

Regarding setting the default group: I encourage you to read this wiki article. It’s a bit complicated, but it will hopefully make some sense.

Basically, all users are a member of “default”, unless you setup a rule to change that. I strongly urge you to just use “default” as your member group.

And finally, to setup inheritance, you would do the following, in your case:

/luckperms group supporter parent add default
/luckperms group moderator parent add supporter
/luckperms group admin parent add moderator

Thank you! Everything is working now. I derped up and with Nucleus the config for each group started with cap but when I created the groups in luckperm I guess it removed that and the config or luckperms ended up being cap sensitive :slight_smile:

Thanks for the fast support/help!

I’m trying to find out permissions for some forge mods. Like ftb utilities it has by default a bunch of spawn commands teleports / home even back and such really annoying bad commands. But I have no clue if there is a way to dump commands or at least try using the command and seeing it’s permissions.

From the SpongeDocs commands page:

For any Forge mods that use the vanilla command API, command permissions are provided in the form <modid>.command.<commandname>

HTH.