MCClans - Player grouping by forming clans

We have an API available, and we are looking for a number of plugins to provide certain functionality. Are you a developer? Please take a look at this information page.

MCClans

MCClans allows players to group together by forming clans.

Features

• Create clans.
  • Become allies with other clans.
  • Private clan and ally chat.
  • Clan tag prefix in chat.
  • Clan home teleport.
  • Clan owners can create custom clan ranks.
  • Specific clan permissions can be attached to clan ranks.
  • Kill Death Ratio tracking, with clan and player leaderboards.
  • Toggleable clan friendly fire protection.
  • Economy integration.
  • Command aliasing.
  • Interactive command and parameter help pages.

Links

Release Builds - [Recommended] (mirror)

Development Builds

API

Repository

Documentation

Discord

Metrics

MCStats collects data such as which Sponge or MCClans version you are running. You can find more info here: http://mcstats.org/learn-more/. Do you want to opt-out? Go to config/mcstats.properties and set opt-out to true.

bStats collects similar data. To opt-out, go to config/bStats/config.conf and set enabled to false. See more information here.

Feedback

Any feedback is appreciated! Comments can be left in the discussion thread. Report bugs here. And of course don't forget to star the project on Ore :slight_smile:

:shield: MCClans v1.1 [API 4.0]
:shield: MCClans v1.1 [API 4.0]

Seems like Ore reset and some comments here were removed. I was wondering if adding the command for clan name and clan tag renaming is on your list of things to add.

I'll try to recreate my response from memory hehe:

Clan name would be easy to do but clan tag is something else. This is because the clan tag is used as a clan's identifier. I'm looking in to it.

I'm not sure if only allowing the clan name to change (and not the tag) would be useful.

I realise this is not ideal, but for now a staff member could create a new clan for free using /clan admin create.

Recreating the clan would mean inviting all the members to join it again, which could be a pain to just fix a typo. The identifier can't be changed is that what you mean?

What I mean is the best I can do is allow the clan name to be changed, and not the clan tag. Changing the clan tag would be tricky / difficult because it is what is used to identify the clan.

I'm not sure if only being able to change the clan name (and not the tag) is useful enough to still add. What do you think?

The clan tag seems to be the most important here but I understand if it can't be done. Most people won't know your clan name until they look up the info or see it in clan list.

How about a way to ignore ally chat and clan chat? :smiley:

Yeah that would be possible. Like a command people can use themselves to silence clan / ally chat?

Yeah ally chat and clan chat

Using MCClans-1.2 on SF 1547 clans seems to keep resetting after a restart, or seems to not be saving properly. New clans that are made will be gone after a server restart and new members who've joined a clan won't be in the clan anymore.

Is the server closed in a way that allows plugins to execute their 'stopping' code? Or does this happen when the server is force closed or crashes?

What data storage option are you using? Flat file or database?

Using flatfile. Both a crash or a manual restart using the console will reset the clans. Old clans are kept however but new ones are gone. I assume this has something to do with the sponge version I updated to being not compatible with MCCLANs? since it worked perfectly fine before.

I highly recommend using database for storage instead of flatfile when using MCClans on a live server. Flatfile is intended only for testing or checking out the plugin.

The database storage option stores changes immediately. Whereas the flatfile storage option only does so when the server cleanly exits (not crashes). But I'll take a look if flatfile is still working normally on this version as you say it also goes wrong on a clean restart.

Steps for switching from flatfile to database:
1) Set up a MySQL database.
2) Create a backup from your data using /clan admin backup (just in case).
3) Stop your server.
4) Go to the config and configure the database section.
5) Copy the four json files from data/recent to data/load. What this does is trigger MCClans to load the data from these files even though it is configured to use a database.
6) Start your server, and check the logs for warnings to see if the database is configured correctly. If it's not, repeat from step 3. If it is, your files from step 5 will be loaded in and converted to the database.

If you need any assistance with this let me know.

Ok connected to database. I'll report back if the clans still do not save, etc. Hopefully this fixes it though.

Should have a working connection then :slight_smile:

To be sure you could make a small change (like set your clan home somewhere else), restart the server and see if the change persisted.
If that's working you know for sure you won't lose 2 days worth of clan changes if your server happens to crash then and it wasn't working.

Oh btw /clan help doesn't show all permissions (if they have it)
For example I gave players mcclans.user.player.setrank so if they're a clan leader they should see this on clan help, but they do not see it. mcclans.user.home on the other hand will show up on /clan help for everyone.

Also wondering how the clan / ally chat ignore feature is going along? :smiley:

Oh btw /clan help doesn't show all permissions (if they have it)
For example I gave players mcclans.user.player.setrank so if they're a clan leader they should see this on clan help, but they do not see it. mcclans.user.home on the other hand will show up on /clan help for everyone.

Looks like I've made a fuck up and the setrank command has the 'mcclans.user.player.info' permission by accident.

Also wondering how the clan / ally chat ignore feature is going along? :smiley:

No progress yet, haven't had the time. Maybe this weekend but our build server will have to be back up first.

in the set perms; can you not give more then just the leader the ability to invite players to the clan? like a clan admin. I looked at the perm list using the command and dont see anything about inviting/managing clan members

You're talking of clan permissions right? Should be there. The clan permission you're looking for is invite.

https://bitbucket.org/Kippers/mcclans-core-sponge/wiki/Commands_and_Permissions

oh, im not used to having the /clan page <1-2> info before the actual stuff so thought that related to something different.