Minecraft Servers Using Sponge

Thread to post Servers using Sponge.

I will be using it right when it comes out.

Seems a little “me too” type of thread. Considering most people registered on the forum are in it for the server software, i’d say about everyone is either going to run a Sponge server or develop for Sponge.

No offense intended, just putting in my two cents.

2 Likes

Yeah, agreed, I think that’s why we’re all here. I think this thread is going to spawn an endless list of responses that are almost the exact same in content. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol, I tried to make a little test server running sponge a little while ago, just to see if the server would startup. It did start up properly, but you can’t really do anything on that though yet.

ok how did you even get sponge if it’s not out? @cartman2000

You can either build the mod for yourself off of the code from the git repositories, or find the @Tux2’s unofficial ci build site that has the builds of the mod, in this thread. (It’s kind of pointless trying to run a server for sponge at the moment, as you can’t really do very much on it yet.)

Mines gonn’a be sponge as soon as it comes out. I’m sure that is the common consensus among those reading this thread.

Yeah, agreed, I think that’s why we’re all here. I think this thread is going to spawn an endless list of responses that are almost the exact same in content. :smiley:

1 Like

I am here for the free cookies the development team said that we would all get! SO WHERE ARE MY COOKIES??? Just kidding… But seriously most of the registered users on this forum if not all of them are actual servers owners who have faith in Sponge and actually want to use it on their servers. Especially since this is like the only alternative to Craft-Bukkit/Spigot

1 Like

Sponge only does Sandwiches, not cookies :frowning:

OB On-Topic: Me Too

1 Like

Hmmmm, I approached this maybe in some other realm… I wanted a list of servers and there IP for people to say “Hey! that one looks good, i will join that one” :slight_smile: looooooooool

Ugh, I need to try to build the implementation of sponge… I got my dev environment setup but I have yet to try to actually run the server itself.

I though listing all the servers that run sponge, would be beneficial

1 Like

Ehh, I doubt it will be a necessity. Nobody would really look at the page, and I’m not sure we want normal players registering on the site to discuss specific servers.

Like @jflory7 said. This is not necessary.