🤑 Lottery 🤑

I want to hook it into a few different things; each vote would give the player 1 ticket, at the end of the month pot is rolled and winner gets it. on the off chance this wasnt the route my guys were wanting to go and instead do it based on quest completion then manually editing the file would also be somewhat of an annoyance, but those are my reasoning.

You can load the config of this plugin by your custom plugin to modify it, it is a clean solution because the config gets never cached in this plugin.
The other way I could propose is adding a public method that gets called by your plugin. Therefore you would have to add this plugin as a dependency to yours(e.g. by using jitpack).
Well, and adding a command is also an option but I don’t like that much. I am currently busy doing other things, so updates won’t come that fast. The first method would work without any updates.

Can’t use lottery info from console - it should at least inform how much is in the pot and how many time left.

Ah, good point! I’ll add it in the future!

Moved to Ore: RandomByte / Lottery

I released there a new version of this plugin.

@aso
@EnderZ
@Gershon

1 Like

Hi could you make the following changes to make the plugin better:

Add price of a ticket to /lottery info so players know how much they are spending. Takes price from config.

When not enough funds, instead of “Transaction Failed”, show “You need (price of ticket)”

Also, saving the current pot after server restarts would be great, if possible.

Thanks!

On my list.

1 Like

How could I add who won the previous pot in the lottery info?

It is not possible. I may add it in the future.

Could you possibly add an admin command to add money to the lottery without buying tickets? Would be awesome, nice plugin though :slight_smile:

You can add money by editing the node pot the config file. This just adds money but not additonal players to the draw.

It would be useful if there was a command for this as well, if you ever think about adding it. For people without console, its a pity not to be able to hold events by adding extra money to the lotto. Thanks for the hasty reply :slight_smile:

Ah, right, now I see the potential usecase for this. It’s on my to-do list.

I tried installing but it wouldn’t work

I need more information to get an idea what doesn’t work. (I also don’t say my car doesn’t move, it could be the engine, the tires and much more…)

What exactly doesn’t work? Please upload the whole server log to Pastebin and post the link here. Which server version do you use?

I wish everyone just automatically​ thought to put all that info.

2 Likes

How Do I Know The Version Of Minecraft For The Plugin?

Please reply to this thread: Lottery - A simple lottery plugin
Or on Ore directly RandomByte / Lottery

RandomByte / Lottery lists all version, use the latest, which is for Sponge 7.X.X. Sponge 7.X.X currently is at Minecraft 1.12.2.

In our continuing effort to phase out the Plugin Releases category, this thread is being locked because the plugin is already listed on Ore.

Check it out: RandomByte / Lottery