Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

I’ve released version 0.2.1, fixing the issue that @Bronain reported. Kits with mod items no longer cause Nucleus to fail to load.

1 Like

It is working perfectly! Thank you very much

1 Like

Thank you for telling us about it!

1 Like

Is there a documentation/wiki on the kits? Wasn’t able to find

I hate to be ‘that guy’ on this matter, but I can NOT get the multiple-homes for users to work.
The EssCmd thread has over 1600 comments in it, which sorry, I’m not going to spend half my day reading through, and because it only loads so few at a time, its impossible to search the thread for the term ‘multiple’ etc…
I did find last time I tried setting this up and gave up at that time to put “homes: 3” for example in the groups options section in pex, but that fails out.
The code is a bit hard to follow, but it almost looks like it is getting the number of homes a player has as the count, and the max number of homes he has from the list of his homes, then comparing them but if his his map of homes has 1 value, and his count of home set is 1 value, then he’s reached his max…

Otherwise, please provide the detailed list of configuration file edits, permission nodes required, and any other information that has to go somewhere to make it work for non-unlimited, multiple homes of finite count.

===
Also Bug: the /warp list will return
“Page 1 is too high”
if the warp list is empty
0.2.1 version

Using the search bar in the upper right of the website (and unchecking “Search this topic”) got me this topic as the first result:

Is that the command you’ve been using? Are you using EssCmds or Nucleus?

I had a few problems following your post, but if I understand correctly, your problem is that setting the home cap to more than 1 still doesn’t allow your players more than one home?

Yes that post is what i used before, and it sets the value in the group options to the number i choose.
And has no change in the end result of allowing more than 1 home for that group still
Using nucleus, which is derived from EssCmds, in belief that it would be the same carry-over solution

I am not familiar with the SubjectData object that is used in the sethome code, so I’m grasping a little at straws here, but what happens if you set the option home-count instead of homes?

same result, i had tried that too from my ‘throw anything in the code discovery at it’ approach. I believe the subject-data object comes from the player file made for nucleus.

First things first, Nucleus is NOT derived from EssentialCmds, so don’t assume that how things worked in that plugin will work the same way in Nucleus. This plugin was originally intended to be a rival, but is now going to replace it.

Otherwise, please provide the detailed list of configuration file edits, permission nodes required, and any other information that has to go somewhere to make it work for non-unlimited, multiple homes of finite count.

I know the documentation site is far from finished, but the home module is on there - Documentation Centre - the option is indeed “home-count”, and not “homes”, because that’s what it was before Nucleus was going to replace EssentialCmds. I should have thought to change it, I might add a compatibility option where homes or home-count works - with home-count as the priority.

It worked for me when I tested it, but if it isn’t working for you, I need to revisit it.

Not yet, but it’s on my todo list. I plan to spend a few hours documentation writing today and tomorrow!

1 Like

@SnowBlitzz http://nucleuspowered.org/docs/modules/kit.html

Did this for you as a priority. Hopefully this is what you need - if there are any questions, let me know.

1 Like

wow Thanks! <3 Just a few questions.
What’s does the warmup do?
And where does the kit datas get stored? (There doesn’t seem to be a new kit conf file created nor does it show up in the main and commands conf file)

The warmup is a general feature for many commands in Nucleus. If you set a warmup time for “kits” in the config/nucleus/commands.conf file, if someone runs the “kit” command, it’ll take that many seconds before the command actually runs. Basically, run command, wait x seconds, kit appears. If you move or get hit in that time, the warmup cancels, and you have to start again.

nucleus/general.json

Ahh I see, the warmup seems more useful to be on teleports. Thanks!

nucleus/general.json hmmm no file there, might be because I have to reload or restart the server.

Yes, but I figured there was no point in restricting it to just teleports.

It’s not config/nucleus/general.json - from where your server jar is, it’s in nucleus/general.json.

Ahhhhh~~~ sorry. Found it! Thanks a bunch and a big facepalm for me XD

@dualspiral and @HassanS6000, could we get a breakdown of the plugins that will be discontinued in favour of Nucleus? Recently learned that further features of Kits by Hassan have been added into Nucleus, and considering the amount of stand-alone plugins that could potentially be merged, it would be wonderful to know which ones will be discontinued.

Personally, there is a reason as to why there is such a thing as stand-alone plugins, because not all servers use all of the possible features that may come with Nucleus. My server does use Kits and EssentialsCmds, but does not yet make use of AdminShop/SpongyChest.

Now, I dont know if those will be merged, but it does seem as if putting more non-essentials features in Nucleus forces servers to have a bulkier, scarcely used plugin, instead of the add-if-needed basis. I get adding core features (which was the point of this if I understand correctly), but without an announcement that would explain what is getting merged and what will remain stand-alone, Nucleus remains a tentative jump in its Beta form to plugin users like me.

To be honest, I’ve been looking into Hassan’s other plugins, and I’m not sure if any others are suitable. Nucleus is meant to be an “essentials” plugin, and I don’t think adding player shops, for example, is an example of an essential feature. On the other hand, Kits made sense to merge in - kits are used by the majority of servers. So, as it stands, I think it might actually only be Kits and EssentialCmds - I originally thought there might be more, but I don’t think that’s the case any more.

2 Likes

How do we make the kit a one-time only kit, or set a kit that automatically gives to players when they first join? if that’s already implemented

1 Like