Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

Did you create a new world on your 1.10 server? If you did, then that’s the reason, the world UUID changed, and no, there is no easy way to port the homes because of this fact. I have a bug open about transferring homes to worlds that have changed UUIDs though.

Ahhh that makes sense. I can work with that thanks!

1 Like

##Version 0.7.2 is now available

This is another hotfix release to work around a bug with PermissionManager and the /homeother issue reported by @lightningo7.

For the release notes and the plugins, see Release [BETA] Version 0.7.2 (for 1.8.9 and 1.10.2) · NucleusPowered/Nucleus · GitHub

Bug with /thru players in creative get
You cannot use this are you in the right mode?

There is no reason that should be the case. Try running /nucleus:thru and screenshot/paste the output. It could be an interfering plugin.

can you add the option for when a player disconnects with /fly or /god on that when they reconnect it is turned off?

Alright so i fixed /thru turns out it was disabled my plebness did it. next question if i want a command block to teleport someone /tppos @p x y z doesnt work… so /tppos ? x y z is nuclues’s command what is (?)

Would it be possible to add a command to rename worlds? Or at least, a config option to change the message given when you do /spawn? Right now, I have two names that need changing, and one is my main world. Sadly, Nucleus displays those names… if you would be able to configure it, there would not be said issue.

@Karagra_Gaming Right this second, we don’t support selectors, but we’re about to for some commands!

If you have a list of Nucleus commands that you think you’d like selectors for, let me know and I’ll do my best to make them supported.

@Rasgnarok Not sure yet. I’ll have to look at what world management methods are available to me in Sponge. If you want though, you can alter most messages in Nucleus - in main.conf, set core.use-custom-message-file to true, and /nucleus reload. You’ll want to alter the command.spawn.success message, just get rid of the {0} token in that message.

If you ever want to reset a message to the default, just delete the key and /nucleus reload. Nucleus will then reload it.

Version 0.8 is now available for Minecraft 1.8.9 and 1.10.2

This version supports SpongeAPI 4.1 and 5-SNAPSHOT (1.8.9 and 1.10.2). Particularly for the 1.10.x version, note that there might be issues, please report them in the usual way.

New things in this release are:

• Added /plainbroadcast for broadcasting a message with no prefixes or suffixes.
  • Added option for /rtp to only teleport players to the surface
  • Added option to set a maximum speed when using /speed (defaults to 5)
  • Added support for the @p, @a and @r selectors for some commands, such as /lightning, /msg and /tppos.
  • Selectors require the permission nucleus.<command>.selectors - these are command specific
  • Allow /lightning to affect multiple players (and supports the @a selector)

Using Selectors with Nucleus commands

The following selectors, some of which are Nucleus specific, are available:

• @p - nearest player to command executor, not including command executor
  • @p[world,x,y,z] - nearest player to co-ordinates, including command executor
  • @r - random player, not including executor
  • @r[world] - random player on specified world, not including executor
  • @a - all players
  • @a[world] - all players on world.

Note that there are no spaces in selector arguments.

So far, the following commands have selectors. Only /smite has access to the @a family of selectors. If you think another command could do with selectors, please let us know and we’ll add it in if it makes sense to do so:

smite
msg
burn
hat
tppos
fly
spawnmob
tpa
tpahere

Read the release notes and download 0.8 from Github Releases: Release [BETA] Version 0.8.0 (for 1.8.9 and 1.10.2) · NucleusPowered/Nucleus · GitHub

Note that the Command and Permission references are up to date already on the documentation site.

3 Likes

Where would I find this? I am unsure what module/config would contain this… I did set to true the custom message file and reloaded, but nothing has appeared. At least, it isn’t in the main.conf.

But thanks for the help, it is a relief to have so many alternatives when solving server issues. Coming from EssentialsCmds, I’ll need to go through some adaptation progress to fully grasp Nucleus.

Onto the renaming of worlds, I know it is possible through ProjectWorlds, but that would require me to go through a 1.8.9 version and install it all simply to rename said worlds… which at that point, I’ll just change the message. But if you do find a way to integrate this feature, would be bloody great.

All in all, after 12h on Nucleus, not regretting the migration, so keep up the work!

Edit: Found an error when you have a nick with the obfuscated formatting (&k), which was giving simply an error message - no log on console. Obfuscated works in the chat however.

Look for the messages.conf file that should have been generated. Sorry, completely missed that point!

If it’s possible in PW, then yeah, sure, I’ll get it in at some point. I want to redo some of the worlds stuff anyway, see if I can make it more user friendly.

On coming from EssCmds, Nucleus isn’t necessarily meant to be what you’re used to with an essentials style plugin, it’s meant to be pushing the boundaries a bit to try to make it powerful, customisable, and hopefully easy and so I’m breaking from the norm where it makes sense to do so. I’m a bit slow on the documentation, but I’m slowly getting there. So it’ll take some getting used to, but I’m also trying to provide as much help as I can, with things like setting up permissions and just making it easy to setup warmups and cooldowns through the plugin, and being responsive here when I can be.

I’ll look into that error, thanks for letting me know.

Aah, messages.conf would be in main Nucleus folder? If so, then it did not generate it upon doing a reload, but I’ll try with a server restart.

Edit: Would you have a command for a getting an entity ID? I am trying to stop the spawning of skeletal horsemen with Polis, but none of the IDs I have tried work.

It should be in config/nucleus, yes. It generates on reload for me, if it doesn’t for you I need to look into that.

Unfortunately not at the moment, but I have an issue open to do it. It will get done, it just hasn’t been yet.

1 Like

It appeared after reloading! I was somehow looking for it in the nucleus folder in the main directory, not in config. Many thanks.

1 Like

Please make the wildcard characters.
Example: /kick ???tim??? (111tim111, 222tim222, qwetimeee… etc)

Please explain to me why that’s useful.

btw should the command-logging module create a separate log in the logs folder instead?

1 Like

I’m working on it - it’s not something that it does yet.

1 Like

This is useful when you want to perform actions on the same or similar nicknames. For example a player joined the server with multiple clients.