Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

Thanks for the fast response! I was actually planning on using GriefPrevention so I guess I’ll have to switch to LuckPerms. The only reason I was using PermissionManager in the first place was because I have experience with yml.

Thanks so much :wink:

How admit selectors for /tppos?

Hello !
Is it possible to disable flint_and_steel ?

Thanx for your answer

http://nucleuspowered.org/docs/modules/blacklist.html

/blacklist set

Sets an item’s blacklist status.

This command allows you to specify if an item should be “blacklisted”, and if so how. Blacklisting an item prevents items from being used in certain ways. By default, this command will globally set or unset the blacklist options, but by using the -t flag (potentially multiple times), the following types of blacklist behaviour can be set independently:

• “environment”: breaking or placing blocks.
  • “possess”: whether the item is allowed in a player’s inventory.
  • “use”: whether the item can be consumed by a player.

@dualspiral - just a quick flag over a minor error in the docs on nucpowered.

fun others ADMIN Allows the user to target other players using the command “hat”.
fun others ADMIN Allows the user to target other players using the command “kittycannon”.

Incomplete permissions :stuck_out_tongue:

nucleus.hat.others and nucleus.kittycannon.others the actual ones?

1 Like

I better check that, it means my permission generator needs to be looked at, but yes, that’s what they should be!

I think there’s a bug with /mute /tempban /ban etc giving an error, but still muting/banning the player anyway. Sorry can’t give any more info rn as I’m busy but thought you might know about it already. I’ll update you when I’m less busy and can get more info lol

/checkban too

“/checkban Username” gives out:

Argument user may have only one value!
Username
^
Usage: /checkban ?:<user]

EDIT:

Would it be feasible to add in separate cooldowns / costs / warm-ups for each spawn-mob variant?

So a cost of 50 to spawn a chicken but 500 to spawn a blaze as an eg.

Already have something similar, but might be expanded by allowing specific arguments with cooldown, still using the system as linked here - http://nucleuspowered.org/docs/configuration/commands.html .

@SnowBlitzz @AsyDRabbit Do you have any console logs? If there is an error, and you can reproduce it, turn on debug mode and get a sample, will you? It would be appreciated!

That said, I wonder if I’ve solved it, I fixed one error with not being able to get users, but it’s probably a different one. I have a pre-release available at Release Version 0.21.0 pre-release 2 (for 1.10.2 and 1.11(ish)) · NucleusPowered/Nucleus · GitHub, it might be worth testing with that.

Only tested /mute, didn’t have much time but I assume it’s the same error for other cmds getting the bug

It looks like a PEX problem - that’s further up the chain, I am aware that some of it is somewhat broken right now.

I advise you move to LuckPerms (as you also use GP, PM doesn’t work with it yet), from what I gather, PEX isn’t going to get any major updates for a while as zml is too busy.

1 Like

Hi,

I am finalizing a chat plugin and i want to know if Nucleus set the nickname using Keys.DISPLAY_NAME to change the nick or other key, or is using your internals only?

I tryed to get from key but return the normal player name.
Thanks.

Using Keys.DISPLAY_NAME:

Migrating to LP seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks!

#If listing by groups is enabled, the group name to display when a player is not in a group. default-group-name=SchoolKid

This part of the main.conf doesn’t seem to work tho. Still shows default when I do /list, but that’s probably a LP thing since it was working back in PEX

@FabioZumbi12 So, I thought I’d written my code to use the key if it was available - at the time, the key wasn’t working so it fell back to internal functions - but in theory, it should be using the key if it works.

It was so long ago that I don’t remember exactly what’s wrong, but if you can link me to your plugin (or plugin code) so I can use it to test, I’ll make sure it’s doing the right thing.

Just as an aside, I would suggest that you might not want to completely overwrite what Nucleus does in the way of formatting, or at least have an option to not do so, but just prepend what you want to the prefix. Nucleus also has a way to add your own placeholder tokens which I will publicise once the next version is out, and I’ll be adding PlaceholderAPI integration too in the near future (I hope).

I’ve logged the issue so I don’t forget:

@SnowBlitzz I think LP always has a player in a group - and there is a way in LP to define the default group, I’m just not sure how. Not to worry though, 0.21 has a huge update to list that will let you fix this problem.

Humm, thanks.

I ported this plugin from my Bukkit version, its UltimateChat. On Bukkit version i hook into PlaceHolderAPI to get all tags from all suported plugins. If you add or make this plugin, will be perfect.

I check for nick simply using this:

if (sender.get(Keys.DISPLAY_NAME).isPresent()){
			text = text.replace("{nickname}", sender.get(Keys.DISPLAY_NAME).get().toPlain());
		}

So, about your tag, i not using the Sponge message channels (because port, i have an own chat and channel system), then, the best way will be PlaceHoldersAPI… or, if the SendMessageEvent.Chat suport we get only tags separated of message. I dont remember if i checked this.

(Sorry for bad words, i am Brazlian)

Edit: Other commands like tell and broadcast i added an option on my plugin to disable and use from nucleus :wink:

Don’t worry, we understand you! I should suggest that you do use Sponge APIs though, that way, other plugins can play even nicer with your plugin - your port shouldn’t just be a clone, it should use the nice features Sponge offers! :wink:

The reason I suggest this is that many players may already have set up their own formatting, and might just want the chat channel functionality. What you could do (if you want this compatibility) is fire the MessageChannelEvent.Chat manually, get the message back out, and then alter it yourself.

What I do for the /sudo command (and I’ve noticed other plugins do this almost exactly this too) is this:

https://github.com/NucleusPowered/Nucleus/blob/sponge-api/5/src/main/java/io/github/nucleuspowered/nucleus/modules/admin/commands/SudoCommand.java#L74-L91

You could do the same to get the message that would normally be sent out, and then add your formatting. That way, you can get consistent chat formatting. You can alternatively listen for this event yourself and change the message channel during the event - Nucleus fires early, and I put a lot of effort into making Nucleus’ chat play nice with other plugins in that regard!

If you do go down the route of your own tokens, then as I said, Nucleus has a way to get it’s own placeholders out - when I release 0.21 in the next 36 hours (when is depending on fixes I make). As I also said, I want to enable PlaceholderAPI integration when it matures a bit. I’ll explain how you can depend on Nucleus and get the placeholders later on.

Anyway, I digress. I’ll certainly look into it, I plan to use that key anyway. I’ll still help any way I can to make sure that the plugin is as compatible as it can be with Nucleus!

1 Like

So, @FabioZumbi12, testing on 1.10.2 and 1.11.2, whenever I offer the Keys.DISPLAY_NAME data, it returns SUCCESS. However, when I try to retrieve the display name data, it just returns my name. A simplified test case is:

Either I’ve got something wrong, or this is a bug or simply hasn’t been implemented in Sponge yet.

So, I do try to set the Keys.DISPLAY_NAME data, it’s telling me it’s set, but it’s clearly not been.

Version 0.21.0 has been released for Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.11.2

Please visit Ore for the release notes and downloads:

As a reminder, come join us in Discord for support and general ramblings!

2 Likes