Null Pointer Exception? Ticking Player? What...?

Crash Report

This happens every time anyone tries to remove an item from their Ender chest.

It started when I updated to the latest sponge build and updated a few plugins including nucleus.

Is more information needed? I see there’s been a few people who read this post but nobody has any suggestions? Can anyone point me in the direction I need to be? Or give me an idea of the information needed to diagnose and fix my problem?

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I was able to reproduce this on the latest SpongeVanilla build with no plugins. I believe a recent commit to SpongeCommon by Faithcaio may have fixed this though: https://github.com/SpongePowered/SpongeCommon/commit/ba06972bdd9d87052f08de922132d151f9ec666b

SpongeVanilla has not been updated yet since though. So when the next SV build comes out I recommend testing this again as I think it should be fixed. If it does not fix the issue, feel free to make an issue on the SpongeCommon Github.

Edit: As blue pointed out there is an already existing issue, so if you’d like to include your crash log and information in there as well that would be helpful to the developers.

Edit 2: Looks like faithcaio has closed the issue confirming his commit fixed the issue. At the moment the fix is in the latest SpongeForge on bleeding so just wait for that next SpongeVanilla build :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is already an issue: https://github.com/SpongePowered/SpongeCommon/issues/1320
It is still open…

1 Like

It’s closed now

1 Like

Thank you guys. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out which plugin it was having an issue with.

I appreciate that you guys took the time to help. That’s the best thing about Sponge: the community.

You’re all awesome people. Thanks.

So I reverted to build 252 and I am still having this issue:

I have also noticed that I cannot kill anything with a bow and arrow any more. they just bounce off…
Invincible Sheep?

Heres The Log

Heres the Crash Report

I dont know where to start… Do I need to remake my server or something? is there a corrupt file somewhere?

Instead of 252, please give 256 a shot as that is where the fix along with a few other fixes and changes are.

Also some of those errors are coming from Project Inventories it seems. He needs to update his project for the data registration changes. Are you using that plugin’s features to any extent at the moment? @TrenTech there’s some logs about data registration in the “here’s the log” mentioned above. These changes affect the latest 6.0.0 builds and you can find more about it here.

I’m not sure why you can’t hit anything with a bow though. If that continues after you update get back to us.

1 Like

The ender chest problem has been resolved however the bow and arrow issue persists. I am trying to diagnose further.

Thank you so much for your time and attention @Meronat

I’m not sure on the bow problem. I’ll try to reproduce it when I get on a computer.

I’m considering some possible sources and maybe are these animals in a GriefPrevention region that prevents them from being attacked?

1 Like

Im aware of the changes to 6.0.0. I’ve already pushed changes to those branches but due to infrastructure changes to my projects have opted to not release them yet, however dev builds are available on my Jenkins server

http://trentech.org/jenkins

EDIT: and yes I’m aware of the lack of documentation.

3 Likes

Thanks @TrenTech

I appreciate your time.

I have actually cleared all GP claims except the default. All flags except fire-spread are set to true. :confused:

I have a trustworthy user base :slight_smile:

Still no dice on the bow and arrows over here.

Also, my users have noticed villager’s don’t breed, spawned villager’s don’t enter boats and creepers still aren’t affecting environments when they explode. I’m pulling hair out again…

:frowning:

Any suggestions on how to break this down? specific logging procedures anything of that sort. Nothing is showing up in console… :confounded:

So the Creepers not affecting blocks around them seems to be a luckperms thing.

The bow and arrow seems to be a sponge thing

And the villagers farming/breeding seems to have been a GP issue (in the configs as resetting them seems to have fixed the villagers)

Ive also been informed that the end portals arent generating return portals… :confused:

This has forced me to do a world reset and a full server rebuild. Will put it together piece by piece and report my findings.

I have noticed already that there is NBT and ChunkIO errors thrown on a fresh build with the existing map loaded. Hence the world reset.

Upon Adding in LuckPerms-Sponge-3.1.26.jar (@Luck) and Griefprevention-1.11.2-3.1.1.289.jar (@blood) Everything seems ok except that Creepers are not affecting their environment (breaking blocks) on explosion. I have ensured all explosion-related flags are set to true and these are currently the only two plugins in my build.

In the process of checking things I have restarted (again)

Bow and arrows seem to be working normally, leading me to believe that it was something in the world files causing that issue.

Have seen normal behavior ATM except villagers arent breeding…

Adding Luckperms and checking results. - Everything seems the same.

I still cant seem to get villagers to breed… They stand together and seem to want to breed but no hearts and no offspring are generated…

Adding Griefprevention and checking results. - No noticeable changes. Villagers farm, creepers explode, still no breeding though…

Adding Nucleus-0.28.1-S6.0-plugin.jar (@dualspiral) and checking results. - everything was fine until I stopped the server. once i had submitted the stop command I got all this: Log. And Upon reload everything seems normal (excepting villager breeding)

Adding EconomyLite-5.0.0-2.11.0.jar (@Flibio) and checking results. -No unexpected changes

Adding Project Portals and Project Core provided to me by @TrenTech above. - No unexpected Changes.

If anyone has any idea whats up with breeding villagers that’d be useful but other than that we seem to be remaining stable. It seems useful to note that cows and animals are breeding fine.

Villagers not breeding is a known issue with Sponge.

Feel free to add your input here: https://github.com/SpongePowered/SpongeCommon/issues/1211

1 Like

And Creepers arent affecting (breaking) blocks again.

Other than that I think we are shoulders-above at this point.