šŸ“¦ HuskyCrates [v2.0.0-PRE8] [API 5-7] - Give everyone keys, use Custom Particles, Keys, and more!

Could there be a way to change the nether star key to a trap wire key or any other Itemā€¦ The nether star are craftableā€¦

You clearly donā€™t understand how the key recognition system works, but hey. That will be functionality eventually

Well of course he doesnā€™t :stuck_out_tongue:
not everyone does yet.

There is specific data assigned to the key that just wonā€™t be a part of crafted items.
It could be possible for your staff to create keys if you allow them access to edit lore, but theyā€™d need to know what that lore is, and honestly they shouldnā€™t be staff if theyā€™d abuse like that anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

I apologize if I donā€™t quite understand how to make the keys uncraftable. Could you maybe elaborate how itā€™s made possible? It could help others that are having the same issue in the future. @AsyDRabbit You mention about adding a lore, arenā€™t they to add to items inside the crates? Thank you very much for taking your time explaining!

The keys are uncraftable by default.
A nether star will not open the chest.
No one will have this issue in the future as no one can have it now.
Unless Husky alters his code in a really idiotic way of course ā€¦

Look, the keys are created with special data that crates check for. Thatā€™s all. Nobody can actually make fake keys without Minecraft exploits

Oh no what I mean is that people are able to use the netherstar keys as a simple netherstar. In other words they can, instead of using it on a crate, use them as a regular netherstar in a crafting receipe. So I was wondering how could I make it so that the keys (netherstar) canā€™t be use in a crafting recipe as a regular netherstar, so that itā€™s used only for the crates. Sorry if that was unclearā€¦

A recipe manager should be able to deal with that - just set it to require empty lore.

I believe Husky may be planning to offer variant keys too at some point in the future.

I donā€™t see how thatā€™s an issue really either. If people wanna waste their keys on recipes so be it.

I think his problem is that he wants to give players the nether stars only for opening the crates and not for crafting beacons.

Iā€™m well aware of what he wants.

Iā€™m with Husky here. If a player wants to waste a key for a crafting recipe, thatā€™s their mistake, not something Husky should have to worry about preventing (considering this begins to go outside the scope of what this plugin is).

At the same time, allowing different items to be set as keys would be something I am sure other servers want. I mean it is truly up to him on what he wants to do, still think it would be cool.

1 Like

A config option to change what item the key is might help.

1 Like

Have you guys tried donating for the features you want or are you guys just going to stick to demanding new features?

Iā€™m not even using the plugin. I was merely suggesting ways for the plugin to be less annoying for players that do use it.

2 Likes

Then thats paying for the plugin and I wont be paying for a public plugin. He wants to develop privately with me then Iā€™m all for it. Donating for his work, yeah ill gladly do it, but not paying for new features on a public plugin :stuck_out_tongue:

Donating is a way of encouraging further development on public plugins, just so you know.

1 Like

Itā€™s on the roadmap.