🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

I’m thinking my next big push for PermissionsEx will be documentation. Unfortunately I have just gotten started with school so I don’t have a ton of time at the moment, but I’ll try to get a framework out soon.

3 Likes

Yes I come from GM too but the PEX isn’t so hard, only the commands are the problems. I know it isn’t recommended but I do many things directly in config file. Its faster and easier.
What I don’t know I try to use comment to see the correct syntax for it in config file and correct it how I need.
I have too the same problems with Ranks while in GM it wasn’t and after I used another plugins fro Ranks like AutoRank it was all easier.
But thanks Lemonous, this:

Helped much, but I have some questions also. :smiley:
Is possible to have many as I need the rank ladders? I mean one for player, another for helper and another for Admins?
How I set the position each group in the ranks? I mean for ladder Player I will have Player, Warrior and Captain and player has lowest rank and Captain the highest.
What do the PEX Option Rank i group settings mean?

I will have soon finalised a PEX config file, so I will post it as a sample for all who need it as I needed it when I start. Maybe

can then add it to his default installations.

1 Like
  1. Yes, you can have as many ladders as you want, so long as they have different names. You might want to have all staff on the same rank ladder, though, so you can move people directly from Mod to Admin if you wanted to :slight_smile:
  2. The position of a group in the config file shows where in the ladder it is. It’s flipped upside down, which means that here:

Tier 2 is higher than Tier1. Owner is higher than Mod, Mod is higher than Admin (a result of my experimenting :stuck_out_tongue: ), and Admin is higher than Helper.
3. I’m not sure, sorry. Can you show me where in your permissions.json file it is?

It is in option part:
“options”: {
“rank”: “50”,
“prefix”: “&1[PlugM]”,
“homes”: “5”,
“startingbalance”: “1000”
},

I have find it in the command:

/pex group Player option rank 5

1 Like

@zml You should add a disclaimer in the OP that informs users not familiar/confident with editing raw JSON that they should favour the in-game/console commands (if I’m understanding your view-point on the matter).

1 Like

I finally got to a point where my server can be live. I’m using Sponge/PEX/Core/Kits. I also decided that since there isn’t a good grief prevention (I miss GP!!) I would make a prison group. In this config, I have made a chat channel for the prisoners and made them unable to do anything accept join the prison channel and try to get someone to let them out. I don’t know a way to set spam protection for other players automatically, but I did allow them to mute other players.

The config has 4 main groups in the ladder, Grunts, Helpers, Mods, and Admins. The Prison group is left out of the ladder, cuz I don’t want anyone put there unless they’re being destructive or causing other issues. I did notice that while I was testing the prison group, after removing the user, a remnant of that user was left with an unassigned group. I also noticed that if you move people from one group to another without using the promote function, they become members of multiple groups, so don’t forget to remove them from a group if you are changing groups.

I did most of the editing from the file, since typing in all the permission nodes in game was rather annoying. Here is my config, hopefully it will help someone else get started. :smile:

http://pastebin.com/tBYqyxjs

1 Like

May anyone make a tutorial for this version? Also @zml l may you make it so this plugin does not disble ops perms and fix the wildcard perm :slight_smile:

@zml I would also recommend placing commonly asked questions in the OP for things such as why by design- you do not support operators etc. This would prevent a lot of the same questions being asked in the thread. :wink:

1 Like

I set my server up and it is working fine except the color prefix won’t work on my name. I first did /pex user MagicTheOwl def true. I created the admin group after, then I added myself to the group. All the other people in the group have color prefixes except for me. Any ideas why?

Check to see if you are a member of multiple groups. This stung me a couple of times.

hi i need help with pex i dont have idea to create de groups

PermissionEx not working on the latest sponge (1.8-1515-2.1DEV-688) … Last successful run on version 1.8-1515-2.1DEV-679
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/pgRu0euM
(OS Ubuntu, Java8)

Update PEX…

2 Likes

Thanks! All works!

Awesome! Keep the good work

2 Likes

All the sudden people in one of my groups have no access to commands they have permissions for. I updated a couple of mods/plugins to see if that would help and it didn’t.

These are the versions of all the mods I have on the server:
Forge 11.14.3.1519
Sponge 1.8 1515-2.1 Dev 688
Spongessentials Cmds 3.0 e
Pixelmon 1.8 4.0.7
World Edit forge mc 1.8-6.2
Perm ex 2.0 snapshot

TheTrainer group was working a couple of days ago but then they stopped working yesterday. So I updated today.

My config is attached: http://pastebin.com/H6ib93pV

Also, I do not have a prefix to my name even though I am in the same group as the other admins (masters). Others in the group have their prefix.

I don’t know if this will fix your problem, but you’ve set up your personal prefix wrong.

"1e81d784-f726-4e76-ae34-2336e639473d": [
                {
                    "permissions-default": 1,
                    "options": {
                        "name": "MagicTheOwl"
                    }
                }
            ],
            "MagicTheOwl": [
                {
                    "options": {
                        "prefix": "&6<&9GrandMasterFlash&6>"
                    },
                    "parents": [
                        "group:Master"
                    ]
                }
            ],

Both these entries are you. The one with the uuid is the valid one, but the one with the name only has the prefix. You should move the “prefix” to the option part of the uuid entry (remember a comma after “MagicTheOwl”!). After that, you might also want to delete the name entry entirely, as it doesn’t really do anything as far as I know. You might want to do the same to the [Trainers] group, and move the homes over to the Trainers group, which I assume is the one you give to players :slight_smile:

EDIT: oh, and try downgrading from Forge 1519 to 1515, which is the one that version of Sponge is made for!

EDIT2: The reason you have no prefix at all is that you’re also not in any group. That’s the name entry too, the uuid entry has no parent group assigned to it, and therefore you’re not comnected to anything that could give you a prefix. So yes, I am now pretty sure this will fix your problem :wink:

So, I need to copy the format of the other users and delete the second MagicTheOwl with no uuid? Also,to get the prefix I want I would have to be in my own group? Could I create an owner group even if it will have all permissions like the admin (masters) group? I don’t know if this would explain why the trainer group suddenly stopped working. I don’t remember updating any thing but the sponge essentials although I think I tested the trainers group after that and they still worked, but I could be wrong about that.

I set up the permissions by entering all the commands in the console. I tried to create the admin group first the first time I set it up but it wouldn’t let me add myself. So I tried it the second time by using the command /pex user MagicTheOwl def true and I was able to set up groups. When I entered the command to make myself part of the master group it said I was added in the console.

thanks for the help :smile:

You don’t need a group for prefix. The issue with your config is that the prefix and group were added to a user entry for a user stored by name, when PEX will fetch its data for a user from the entry for the player’s UUID (and only migrate the name one if no uuid one exists).

Hey, so do you know what latest version of Sponge this plugin is stable on? I’ve updated my Sponge and the plugin crashed, so I downgraded a bit: it worked like a charm except for the fact that one of my other plugins is kinda buggy on that version. So, I wanna know which version of Sponge is recommended for this plugin!