Pixelmon Lag Spikes & Huge TPS drops with 15-25 players

Hello everyone,

I just joined Sponge so I apologize in advanced if I am posting this in the wrong section.

My main network just launched its first modded server, Pixelmon. So far, everything has been going great with Sponge, except for the annoying Lag Spikes and Huge TPS drops we keep experiencing every 20-30 seconds.

We have always used Spigot, so we are not that experienced with Sponge, in fact, if you could explain things to us like we are babies, it would be appreciated.

Here are my latest timings: Aikar's Timings Viewer

Any actionable advice you can give me will be humbly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Johann

1st off - with Timings 2.0 it’s better to run for longer (you have 4 minutes) to get a holistic view. Unlike Timings 1.0 you can drill down to specific times.

The major lag source I see is World Gen. Might be beneficial to limit the world size and/or pregenerate the world with a plugin like Project Borders.

2 Likes

My apologies, I thought we had more than 4 mins on the timings.

I am going to check Project Borders, thanks for the advice.

With only 2gb, I’m surprised it can even handle 15-25 players

We have 20 GB of RAM, not 2 GB.

1 Like

Oh XD my bad. I’ve had huge problems with this before as well. Since you made the same mistake I did of not pre-generating. Another option instead of pre-generating is to get or upgrade your existing dedicated server to have a better CPU. Never had issues with chunks again

1 Like