Post your desktop wallpaper!

My lock screen background (nobody is tempted to touch my light up keyboard in coffee shops anymore)

And my desktop background:

2 Likes

Using this at work

I use a Dropbox folder containing 1949 images as my background folder on all of my computers. It switches every 30 mins, but this is my current one:

1 Like

Could You share that with me?

Certainly! Be aware, though, not everything in it is entirely SFW.

I don’t know if you can open the folder named “zips” but in there are the source zips. The NSFW one is separate from the others there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would post my desktop wallpaper, but I haven’t one, I use a solid colour (Windows classic blue [which is ironic considering I’m running LUbuntu]) and it has no icons on it because I use the quick start buttons on the task bar and the “Start” menu if one can call it that when running Linux, and I have that auto hiding, so when looking at my desktop with the mouse not near the bottom of the screen, it’s just a blue screen.

Post that :fish:
I enjoy colors.

What can I say? I love physics.

1 Like

Mine is just super blank:

I can proudly say that is my background. (Thanks @Lemonous!)

1 Like

That looks cool, do you know where I can find that in blue? xD

My current desktop:

How blue do you want it? I could Photoshop it for ya. Should be pretty easy.

Whatever looks best for it I guess

Alright. I’ll give it a go.

I shifted the hue to a nice cerulean (?) blue, lightened and saturated it a bit. I can make it a deeper blue if you want.

Yeah a bit darker would be nice

How about one of these? Too dark? Too saturated? Too purple? Still too light? :stuck_out_tongue:

perfect thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Dang that’s sweet, how’d you do it? Any specific photoshop tools?

@cae1136 I used Gimp, actually, as my desktop doesn’t have Photoshop installed. It wasn’t really hard, I just opened the original image and shifted the hue to the general colour I wanted, then tweaked the lightness and contrast a slight bit. Gimp has a window where you can control all three of those with sliders. I don’t remember what the menu button is called, exactly, but it is under “image”. I’d check, but on my laptop i only have Photoshop :slight_smile:

EDIT: I just realized that means I can check what the corresponding Photoshop command is. It’s Ctrl+U or Image → Adjustments → Hue/Saturation…