Precogs - An AntiCheat service and API built for Sponge

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, Precogs. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Precogs

An AntiCheat service and API built for Sponge.

Features

• Extensible system for plugins to disable detections temporarily.
  • Ability for plugins to log and retrieve user violation level.

Prerequisites

• [Java] 8
  • Sponge

Building

Note: If you do not have [Gradle] installed then use ./gradlew for Unix systems or Git Bash and gradlew.bat for Windows systems in place of any ā€˜gradleā€™ command.

In order to build Precogs you simply need to run the gradle build command. You can find the compiled JAR file in ./build/libs labeled similarly
to ā€˜Precogs-x.x-SNAPSHOT.jarā€™.

Plugins using Precogs

• Guardian

Have a plugin using Precogs? Contact me and Iā€™ll add it.

4 Likes

Thou hast slain the loathsome beast.

At least I thinketh so. Not much listed under ā€œFeaturesā€.

I plan on adding some usage guides soonish, but there arenā€™t many features at the moment as there arenā€™t many AntiCheat plugins to base usage off.

Does this plugin provide Anti-Cheat protection on itā€™s own?

No,

This is an API for developers to interface with AntiCheat plugins. Currently only Guardian implements it, however Iā€™m working with other AntiCheat devs to get it implemented.

Basically this means if a plugin throws a player into the air, it can use this to temporarily allow the action with all AntiCheat plugins rather than having to interface with each one separately.

Think of it as a VaultAPI for AntiCheat.

ā€¦ oh.
._.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks. I suppose Guardian is to be found here in the forums.

Where can I find guardian? Canā€™t find it anywhereā€¦

Itā€™s not currently at a public release stage.

Dev builds are at https://jitpack.io/com/github/ichorpowered/guardian/-SNAPSHOT/guardian--SNAPSHOT.jar, and the source is at https://github.com/Ichorpowered/guardian

A new version has been released for Precogs, it is available for download here.

Service-based API for AntiCheat plugins.

• Fixed a few issues with mutability.