Project Portals

I personally only have customNPC’s and WorldEdit, since World Edit is the only overlapping mod, I could try removing it and seeing if the problem persists or not? But I’m reluctant to take out CustomNPC’s.

1 Like

It might be sending the client side blocks before the chunk is loaded, that would explain it.

Can you test this?

I’ve installed it on my server, but it doesn’t work at all. Perhaps it’s because my server runs on Sponge API 4? My server bult is spongeforge-1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1547. Hope that helps.

Oh for some reason I thought you were on 1.10.2. That’s my bad. I’ll push something to the 4.2.0 branch tomorrow

1 Like

I have this reason as soon as I put the permission pjp.portal.interact: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/35/1472983977-2016-09-04-12-04-24.png

When you add the -b flag to the command, nothing happens, I dont even get an error message.

I can jump from one server to the other, normally using /server workbench, or /server lobby.

It seems that its asking SpongyCord, but not recieving an answer ?
Even if i enter the wrong servername ex. hulahula, nothing happens, no error message.

Running 1.10.2 SpongeForge Project portal(0.12.4) and Spongycord(1.1.0).

try this

I can still see the portals, but I like how they fade a bit when I look directly at them from a distance.

Any other suggestions?

If you are definitely sending it after the chunks have been sent to the client then I’m not sure. Assuming you havn’t already tried it, maybe schedule it for a tick later?

@TrenTech, any thoughts on adding that Stargate request I had a few weeks ago?

1 Like

@TrenTech Have you got a chance to test the issue regarding BungeeCord in the API 5.0 as there seems to be an issue ?

I build the frame, I enter the command to create a portal, it works. I type /portal save cause the frame is there already, then I fill it in, type /portal save and just, nothing happens.
Do I absolutely have to build the frame during the portal creation process?

-But enough of that, I was wondering if perhaps it’d be possible to change the text that pops up after you teleport to maybe the portal name, or preferably a separate name? The world name popping up if you teleport a lot in the same world gets a bit redundant.
EDIT: Also, maybe for the future, I was wondering if it’d ever be possible to change an existing portal? Maybe re-name it, change the location, or even the particle effect.

I’ve never tested building a portal without a frame but it’s theoretically possible. I’ll have to test it out.

EDIT: I should add that if you already have a frame before running any commands, that the frame will not be protected as it would if you run the portal create command before building the frame, so keep that in mind.

Currently no but I can look into it in the future

Currently you can change an existing portals particle effects with the command /portal particle. I’d planned on adding a command to change the destination but just never got around to it. Never really gave renaming a portal much thought, but I can also look into that as well.

Define… protected? I would already have the area itself protected, is that good enough?

That would be great, thanks so much c:

Ah, I’ll have to use that-thanks again!

Portal frames are typically protected from any server changes, ie. block breaks, explosions, block physics, water or lava damage etc.

If your confident with whatever protection you’re using that’s fine.

If you’re using the unstable build you could look into disabling legacy builder in the config, which allows for a single click portal creation which would protect the frame. Keep in mind this is still really buggy.

Hi, I have dropped project portals on my test server, latest sponge and stuff. But the plugin doesn’t find table LEVERS and many others so it drops some errors in the console like these :

[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Table "WARPS" not found; SQL statement:
SELECT * FROM Warps [42102-192]
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:345)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:179)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:155)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.readTableOrView(Parser.java:5388)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.readTableFilter(Parser.java:1257)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.parseSelectSimpleFromPart(Parser.java:1896)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.parseSelectSimple(Parser.java:2044)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.parseSelectSub(Parser.java:1890)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.parseSelectUnion(Parser.java:1711)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.parseSelect(Parser.java:1699)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.parsePrepared(Parser.java:445)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.parse(Parser.java:317)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.parse(Parser.java:289)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.command.Parser.prepareCommand(Parser.java:254)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.engine.Session.prepareLocal(Session.java:560)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.engine.Session.prepareCommand(Session.java:501)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcConnection.prepareCommand(JdbcConnection.java:1202)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.<init>(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:73)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcConnection.prepareStatement(JdbcConnection.java:290)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.ProxyConnection.prepareStatement(ProxyConnection.java:313)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariProxyConnection.prepareStatement(HikariProxyConnection.java)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.gmail.trentech.pjp.data.object.Warp.init(Warp.java:96)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.gmail.trentech.pjp.Main.onStartedServer(Main.java:178)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.spongepowered.common.event.listener.GameStartedServerEventListener_Main_onStartedServer21.handle(Unknown Source)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.spongepowered.common.event.RegisteredListener.handle(RegisteredListener.java:95)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:348)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:389)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeMod.onStateEvent(SpongeMod.java:222)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:239)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:217)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.redirect$onPost$0(LoadController.java:53)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:142)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.serverStarted(Loader.java:851)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:297)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:433)
[14:56:38] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/sponge]: [org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException:printStackTrace:80]: 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Maybe I failed to configure it but there is no database choice in the config, is it me ?

So with Waterfall (bungee) which allows sponge servers to connect without any side plugins can i just use project portals?
like do i neeed spongeecord?

Yes you need SpongyCord.