Project Portals

Still doesnt work same error

Send any and all errors. It shouldnā€™t be the same error. There is an issue but I think itā€™s a bug in the SpongeCommon implementation. I have to dig deeper before I know for sure

EDIT: Also change REDSTONE to REDSTONE_DUST

EDIT: https://github.com/SpongePowered/SpongeCommon/issues/987

So a bug on spongeforgeā€™s end?

Doesnā€™t save sign portals on server restart. Generates an error while loading up and then the signs no longer work and must be remade to function again

PJP - 13.1
Sponge Forge - 1820

and this one may also be related. Stillgetting errors when updating to newest sponge and pixelmon beta 10

and also this. Not sure what the bad type data is. Is this a sponge thing, bad config, or on your end?

[STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable:printStackTrace:-1]: Caused by: org.spongepowered.api.data.persistence.InvalidDataException: Could not deserialize something correctly, likely due to bad type data.
[00:10:09] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable:printStackTrace:-1]: at org.spongepowered.api.data.persistence.AbstractDataBuilder.build(AbstractDataBuilder.java:88)
[00:10:09] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable:printStackTrace:-1]: at org.spongepowered.common.data.util.DataUtil.deserializeManipulatorList(DataUtil.java:141)
[00:10:09] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable:printStackTrace:-1]: ā€¦ 18 more
[00:10:09] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable:printStackTrace:-1]: Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException: No value present
[00:10:09] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable:printStackTrace:-1]: at java.util.Optional.get(Unknown Source)
[00:10:09] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable:printStackTrace:-1]: at com.gmail.trentech.pjp.data.mutable.SignPortalData$Builder.buildContent(SignPortalData.java:95)
[00:10:09] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable:printStackTrace:-1]: at org.spongepowered.api.data.persistence.AbstractDataBuilder.build(AbstractDataBuilder.java:86)
[00:10:09] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable:printStackTrace:-1]: ā€¦ 19 more

Odd issue here
pjp is loading, i can type /pjp and i get the menu
but if i click or type any of the commands i get the response
Unknown command. Try /Help for a list of commands

Ive added all permissions too

@TrenTech hows it going? So a few things the new update to the PJP mod doesnt allow any command but /pjp also The newest version of Spongeforge that includes my post before till todays release portals still donā€™t work. You sent me a link to a spongeforge error. If thats the case what version of spongeforge should i be on for portals to work again? Thanks man use this for my Bungee Hub

Probably a stupid question but do I need SpongeAPI 5.0.0 and if yes where do I have to install it?
Is the version 1.8.9 correct?
Thanks, I am a new server owner

https://github.com/trentech/ProjectPortals/releases/download/0.13.2/projectportals-5.0.0-0.13.2.jar

Iā€™m having the same issue on my server here as well.

@wiesshund
@Karagra_Gaming
@Jakesnake

This has been resolved but I didnā€™t have time to compile a release. I will get to it later today or at least tomorrow.

what about the bad type data thing i keep getting? is that a bug or something i could i change to fix it on my end. not sure what the error refers to. i posted a log earlier

Well assuming you updated from an old version itā€™s bad sign data. I rewrote a large portion of this plugin which broke everything. Remove the signs and it should stop.

API 5 corresponds to minecraft 1.10 not 1.8.9

When you download SpongeForge / SpongeVanilla you can see the API version used.
Image taken from the SpongeVanilla download site.

API 6 & API 5.1.0 are not yet released/stabilized.

Since API 6 is a Major Version change that means that changes made in 6 will be incompatible with some plugins.

Since API 5.1 is a Minor Version change, theoretically plugins made for 5.0.0 are guaranteed to work on 5.1.0

Plugins made for 5.1.0 may not work on 5.0.0 depending on if they use the new features.

Before an API version is released, changes can happen unexpectedly, something that works on 6 or 5.1 today, might not work on 6 or 5.1 tomorrow.

The first listed (and most recently updated project worlds) is made for API version 5.

The second listed (and somewhat dated) is made for API snapshot 4.2.0 which (from memory) I donā€™t think saw release, but many people were using anyway.

I hope this not only clears up what downloads to use for which version, but gives you some insight into the versioning systems used.

We are currently working on making this a lot easier to understand.

1 Like

Thank you so much

How do you create multiple worlds for your server?

You need a world management plugin

I am having some difficulties with permissions. When I add pjp.portal.interact to a group (with advanced permissions turned off) players still get a message saying they do not have the required permissions to use the portal (this happens with all other permissions as well). Am I missing a specific node or is it a bug?

(Sponge 1.10.2)

If you use pex, you can run the command pex debug and enter the portal. In the console you will see which permissions are required. Run the command pex debug to disable debugging.

1 Like