Project Portals

I didn’t really put any design thought into that but if set it up as a dependency the functionality is there. What are you looking for specifically?

A custom action when using a portal. Specified as part of the location argument.

You wouldn’t be able to change the location argument without breaking the plugin. Can you give me more details on your project? Are you just looking for a feature that doesn’t exist that I could possibly add?

Yeah, basically Bungee support.

Had a feeling that’s what you were getting at. Bungee support is on my to do list. I don’t have a lot of experience with it though, so maybe you can contribute to that.

Sure. Would kind of require a basic understanding of how the system currently works, though - maybe you could PM it to me

Can you make this obey worldborders?

Update: v0.11.0

Release: Download Here

!!!NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OLD VERSIONS. WILL BREAK EVERYTHING. MUST REMOVE CONFIG DIRECTORY BEFORE UPDATING!!!

Notable Changes:

• Update teleportation implementation for Latest Sponge API
  • Implemented command flags
  • All portals now stored as Containers
  • Economy support added - Requires Economy plugin
  • Added necessary changes to support Bungee in the future. - WIP

Update: v0.11.1

Release: Download Here

Notable Changes:

• Implement Bungee support - Requires Spongee

Anyway to allow water to flow through the portal?

Not sure why but when i’m near a portal I get massive FPS drops and some players were complaining it was lagging them out for some reason, slow chat etc

Unless your getting tps drops that’s most likely client lag due to the particle effects.

Hmm, so I would assume have a large portal 10x3 would cause this? Should I disable all particles?

http://i.imgur.com/umlyFds.jpg

2 Likes

Alrighty, having some issues with the latest. Currently running spongeforge-1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1524, and I have PJP spamming console, often at time causing it to time out before bouncing back up again.

Here is the log, which is just a small part of it, as it was what the fml-latest.log mostly consisted of - series and series of the same lines. A while ago, I posted as a single thread the same issue with hikari pool complaining, but I did not find any definitive answer, which makes me think this has been an issue that whilst it wasn’t as important before, now can cause big issues.

I will be trying to update to an even later version of spongeforge, but I fear it might not be the fix that this particular issue needs, as I have seen it across issues.

Thanks in advance for the help!

updated to find some fixes in performance, but this happens every 10 mins or so. Using the latest PJP and Spongeforge 1542.

HomeData was updated a while back, which makes in incompatible with HomeData from old versions. This means everyones homes will get erased and when players log in for the first time since update it’ll throw that error. It should only happen once per player.

The same thing happens if players have stored HomeData and homes is later disabled in the config. This is because it’s stored in the players data file

That… Is actually so helpful (no sarcasm here, I mean it). I have been having issues with homes being reported as ‘null’ when they were clearly in the config. Hassan had issues with it for a long while, but never found a fix for those old homes.

Nor explanation either - so I am glad you are being as ever so informative. So it should only happen once per player, and thankfully, means little errors (I have not opened yet). Thank you a bunch.

Let me know on the hikari pool, if you know more of it - would again be ver welcome to know why it has been in such a fit.

You know that if you use AbstractDataBuilder, you can make automatic updaters, right?

@TrenTech, any thoughts on adding features from an old plugin called “Transporter”?

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/transporter.281/

1 Like