Project Portals

Yes.

Tip, before posting, always read the first post carefully.

Are there any known issues with /back?

On my server (spongeforge-1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1625). when my players gets tp’d somewhere, the /back command doesn’t take them back to the place they were before the tp. Rather it takes them to the place after the tp.

To explain.

Player 1 is at Point A.
Player 2 is at Point B.

Player 1 tp’s to player 2 at Point B.

Player 1 does /back and just reloads Point B. If player walks or flys away from Point B and does /back, player just returns to Point B.

I am using Nucleus as my core grouping of commands. I have tried their /back as well and it offers the same result so I’m not sure who to file the bug with or if its with Sponge itself. Just looking for your expertise. Thanks!

Lot of errors logged when going through a portal, but it seems to work. But something locks up so the server lags for 2+ seconds.

Forge 10.2-12.18.1.2044
Sponge 1.10.2-2044-5.0.0-BETA-1659
ProjectPortals 5.0.0-0.12.3

Logs to be found here: http://pastebin.com/BpwaM4i0 - first entry is:
Could not pass MoveEntityEvent$Teleport$Impl to org.spongepowered.mod.plugin.SpongeModPluginContainer@1ed4c1bd
java.lang.StackOverflowError

regards,
Bent

i click the spongee link but it never loads so can you add a new link to spongee?

The name was changed

https://ore-staging.spongepowered.org/pie_flavor/SpongyCord

Hi,what is the permissions that can go through the portals?

@Bluechaos It is
pjp.portal.interact

I tried but it still doesn’t work

Wow this thing is buggy. I REALLY want this plugin to work but every version I try is just downright game breaking. The newest 5.0.0 one at least doesn’t crash the server on start up, however when someone steps into a portal they get the on screen text of the world and co ords of the portal but are not transported. A few seconds later they then time out of the server and are unable to log back into it until a server restart is issued.

Can’t you just have the plugin simply execute the /tp command when the user steps into. where "/tp " the name and destination are filled in by the being the player inside the portal and being set by the plugin on portal creation. So all you’d really be doing is making a face way to execute an already working command. Just a though. Seems easier than making your own transportation system from scratch

EDIT: Ok so retrying 11.3 after first trying 12.3 and letting it generate the plugin files actually gets the server to start. and all seems fine til I get to the part where I fill the portal and try to save it. then I see this error in game

builds for 5.0.0 have never been advertised as stable. Re-download 0.12.3 to fix teleportation bug. As far as 11.3 is concerned, Your more than likely using an incompatible version of Sponge.

I’m using the newest version of sponge, Tried the latest stable of your plugin and the 5.0 release. Ironically the 5.0 unstable build doesnt crash or give errors it just functions well, unstablely lol The latest stable build generates an error and doesn’t function at all. Is there a list of what version of sponge and fordge this is tested working with. Since the newest is apparently too new for your plugin

0.11.3 is for Sponge 4.2.0

Re download 0.12.3, to fix issue.

Nice to know, maybe add more documentation to the OP so people know what version is compatible with what. When you get a working build for 5.0 let me know. Love to see this plugin functioning as intended

Thought it was pretty clear by the file name. Also like I said before re downloading 0.12.3 will fix the problem.

It was not. Also redownloading did not fix the problem. I made a video of it in action since there seems to be trouble explaining whats going on . Video was made after the redownload and from a fresh install of porject portals. No old folders or configs left for it to overwrite. It was a clean install with all folders and files generated during the instalation of the re download

Yeah definitely not having that problem. For starters if your running the latest SpongeForge, you should update Forge to 12.18.1.2052

The server itself is running the latest forge as well, should have mentioned that in the video, forge 2065. I tried updated my client side version to the same, same result. Portal does nothing, cpu skyrockets, user times out and can’t re-enter. I like your plugin better than right clicking on a sign to teleport, let me know if you figure it out

Should be 2052 not 2065. There isn’t much I can do if I can’t at least reproduce the problem. With no error logs or crash reports I’m driving blind.

so this is for a specific forge version, not the newest built. Because I have newest everything at this point and now you’re saying downgrade. This is why a compatible versions list per built (tested working etc) would save everyone a lot of headache