Project Worlds - World Manager

Bit of an update, one (out of many) of the problems I had using PJW has been solved. Even after uninstalling, nether portals continued to not work. I finally, mostly out of frustration, deleted the entire nether save folder and got the server to generate a new one. After doing that portals started working again on all of my overworld dimensions, and they all took me to the newly generated nether dimension. So while the corruption was still likely a result of using PJW (I’ve done nothing else that could cause it), the broken nether portals weren’t because of the plugin. My bad.

I’ll take the bait, @Ashmit
Think about it this way: If someone is going to the effort to develop something and publish it on the internet for other people to use they should be willing to put enough effort in to make their creation somewhat decent, right? Why publish something that doesn’t work; all that does is make the author look bad. If a developer’s work / school / other is taking all their time, or they don’t feel like working on a project anymore, they should at least mark it as discontinued instead of letting it sit around like the third child they never wanted. After seeing a bad plugin (like this) I certainly wouldn’t trust its developer to make anything worth my time in the future; it has to do with reputation.
But hey, why complain about free stuff, right? /s

If you feel you can develop something better, be my guest. From what I see your the only one having the issues you describe, I’ve explained it multiple times this plugin cannot corrupt world’s. As far as I’m concerned if you don’t like it than don’t use it, doesn’t hurt my feelings any. I didn’t develop this for you or anyone else. I did it for fun and releasing it was just a courtesy. Until someone pays me, this will continue to be part time work and spotty support. You or anyone else want to help me, great, repo is open to the public. My life is much more important than wasting my time working on a project that people like you have little appreciation for.

I wasn’t complaining for the record. I was attempting to clarify so that no one made the mistakes I did. And I do appreciate the work done with the plugin. It’s much better than anything I could do

1 Like

Feel like I need to clarify this once, I am no Dev. and all the work in Sponge community is something I appriciate.

Ah so developers don’t have any freedom to release WIP builds(Which this is not) they should only release something after its fully working, I wonder who will be there to report bugs for them to fix.

Hah! that third child joke got me. but yeah updates once a month when the plugin is in a somewhat stable stage… Definitely discontinued like 100% no arguments at all

yeah if it doesn’t work for me, it’s 100% a bad plugin like you can’t even argue about it.
All the other 3499 people who downloaded this plugin you say? fudge them they don’t matter, only matters if it worked for me or not.

“worth your time” That’s a good one… wait that wasn’t a joke? then you need to realize volunteers making something free is mostly because they want to support the community not making it to be “worth your time”

Like there is a discussion with around 690 replies to it and everyone typed that it doesn’t work so his reputation must have 100% gone down like no arguments at all… what? you are saying everyone didn’t type that it doesn’t work…? Then it doesn’t matter what everyone typed if it doesn’t work for me he is bad Dev.

Yes. If it doesn’t work, ask the dev why? if he/she could kindly help you solve the issue. They are mostly here as volunteers. If even after asking help your problem was not solved. Just go to a different plugin, maybe post saying “Hey sorry this didn’t work for me but maybe I will check back in future to see if my issue is gone” maybe a “Good luck on the future development of this plugin at the end” … if there are no other alternatives… make one yourself… what you can’t? then again, don’t complain about something which you cannot make.
Look at Huene’s above post he/she knows appreciates a work which he/she needs and he/she cannot make by themselves.

Conclusion: All Devs are your slaves and if their plugin doesn’t work for you, it’s a bad plugin. All developers should just focus on making it work for you alone, rest don’t matter.

PS: If you didn’t get it, it’s called sarcasm and I won’t be replying anymore since I don’t think you will understand this anytime soon. So Good luck with whatever you do for the future!

For others, Sorry for all this and making this post long, just thought it was needed.

1 Like

Is it feasible (or currently possible and I’ve missed it in the thread) to create a world that replaces the world accessed by the standard nether portals players create?

I assume it isn’t as simple as just replacing the data in the DIM-1 folder.

I added a gamerule but it doesn’t work yet.

Ah :smile:

Coolio, thanks.

Got an ETA?

hey can anyone tell me if the /world fill command is for a Radius [circle,square] or for a diameter [circle, square] ?

Diameter, square

Flat worlds dont work for me

Hey guys. I really need some help here. I am really bad at this. I am trying to create a brand new world that uses biomes o plenty as the seed. The only thing I have been able to get to work is to create a default setting world (/world create [name]). If I try to type anything beyond that it tells me there are too many arguments.

My goal is to create a world for creative only so when you teleport to it you are in creative game mode. As mentioned, I would like for this to be using BoP. Could someone give me the exact command I would type in order to make this happen. I have seen a couple of commands through all the comments and nothing is seeming to work for me.

Sorry for the newbie post here. Advanced thanks to any assistance in making this function.

/world create <name> -g BIOMESOP /world load <name> /world gamerule <name> enforceGamemode true /world gamemode <name> 1

Thank you so much TrenTech! Really appreciate the quick response. You are amazing. Killer mod! Do you happen to have any documentation that shows these commands? Specifically where the -g BIOMESOP came from? If this is a Vanilla thing, do you know where I could see those at? I am very new to server administration so I appreciate you taking the time to assist me.

Also, when I try to use the command “/world gamerule enforceGamemode true” I get a “Too many arguments!” error.

Finally, the “/world gamemode 1” is giving me the error “No values matching pattern ‘1’ present for gamemode”

Are you using the latest version?

I just downloaded it yesterday from the link: The .jar says 5.1.0-0.11.4

looks like it didn’t like the 0 and 1. I did “/world gamemode creative” and that did the trick it seems. Also, took the “/world” out of the gamerule command and that seemed to work as well. Testing now to see if its working.

EDIT: So it seems the gamemode command is working now with the way I typed it but I am still having trouble getting it to enforce that and auto change the game mode.

How to create world with no every block in world ?

Hello there,
I have been experienced some issues while using your plugin/mod

I can’t import any worlds, I searched up a couple things that says that the import command (which doesn’t exist but isn’t updated in the thread on the list of commands) that it was replaced by load, so I gave that a try but it still won’t import due to an occuring error.

That’s not this plugin. Nucleus I would assume

Still having trouble importing worlds

It gives me this when using the command (I typed: /world import Lucas)

1 Like