Project Worlds - World Manager

It’s a known issue. Haven’t figured out the cause yet

Getting this crash when trying to generate/load a new world.

Edit: It seems to only happen when I try to use the modifier “pjw:void”

also having issues with the border generate command when using pixelmon.

23.08 09:53:22 [Server] INFO Minecraft Forge: 11.15.1.1890
23.08 09:53:22 [Server] INFO SpongeForge: 1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1653
23.08 09:53:22 [Server] INFO SpongeAPI: 4.2.0-SNAPSHOT-1f5dac2
23.08 09:53:22 [Server] INFO Minecraft: 1.8.9

@Pixelhouse
@IBG_Nova

These issues will have to be taken up with the Pixelmon team. They are not directly related to Project Worlds.

Is there a way to generate chunks with this plugin, @TrenTech ? I know we spoke of ProjectBorders, but having a serious case of timing out upon chunk generating (with 16G assigned and all the JVM arguments needed). I noticed the /world fill command; is that it?

I am currently running Nucleus in 1.10.2, but if I could generate my worlds it would make my performance, much, much better.

Yeah but it’s exactly the same as pjb’s generate command. It’s a issue in Sponge.

I was going to look into this and see if I couldn’t figure out the source of those errors. I’d really like to move to a forge server and a multi world mod is something that will stop me in place if I can’t find an alternative. I’d much rather contribute to an existing project than start yet another.

Anyhow, I downloaded the source from the 5.0.0 branch from github. I got the gradle project imported into eclipse, made no changes and compiled successfully (I thought). I exported the jar and put it in the plugins directory. At this point I figured the jar I exported should be identical to the distributed jar file. When I start the server though I get some errors.

Can you help me get this corrected? Comparing the two jar files I see two differences.

1. your’s has two files in the root called mcmod.info they have different info. This seems strange to me 'cause I figured there’s only be one file in a directory with a name so having two files with the same name seems strange to me.
  2. there’s a whole me.flibio.updatifier package that’s not included in the source.

How do I generate the mcmod.info files when packaging the source into the jar?
Where do I get the source for the me.flibio.updatifier package to include or was this supposed to be included in gradle configurations as a dependency that I might not have picked up?

For reference the errors I get from the compiled source are:
UE @project.id@{@project.version@} [@project.name@] (PJ.jar)
[15:59:19] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: The following problems were captured during this phase
[15:59:19] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Caught exception from @project.id@
org.spongepowered.mod.plugin.InvalidPluginException at org.spongepowered.mod.plugin.SpongeModPluginContainer.constructMod(SpongeModPluginContainer.java:269) ~[spongeforge-1.10.2-2073-5.0.0-BETA-1689.jar:1.10.2-2073-5.0.0-BETA-1689]

and

[15:59:19] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
org.spongepowered.mod.plugin.InvalidPluginException at org.spongepowered.mod.plugin.SpongeModPluginContainer.constructMod(SpongeModPluginContainer.java:269) ~[spongeforge-1.10.2-2073-5.0.0-BETA-1689.jar:1.10.2-2073-5.0.0-BETA-1689]

If you use gradle, SpongeAPI’s annotation processor should be picked up and executed by default when you build the plugin, generating a new mcmod.info.

In addition you ask for a multi-mod world? What is that?

If you mean having mods disabled on certain worlds, that’s just plain not going to happen.

People may be able to get around plugins being per world, using a hacky solution similar to the bukkit plugin “PerWorldPlugins” but no one has been silly enough to make it yet.

Whilst I also wish that plugins had the ability to be enabled / disabled per-universe, it really doesn’t make sense for mods to be created that way in forge, and plugins in Sponge are treated very similarly to mods, so I don’t see it being made clean any time soon.

There is the rather tricky issue of world generation, for which a mod must be active on some worlds but not on others. This has been proving problematic in a few cases, such as using the Forge version of TerrainControl (only one world can be supported). I’m not sure if it affects other WGen mods.

Oh right, multi-world mod as in a mod to manage multiple dimensions, Sorry I completely misread that.

yeah, multi-world mod. We’ve got three worlds and hopefully more to put in each with their own world generators and hopefully mobs if I can manage that, so that they all feel different. I plan on developing some new mob types and while I’ve not delved into the API’s I’m hoping I can limit which worlds they can spawn in through a config file or something. This seems reasonable. Seems like it should be an extension of limiting what biomes they spawn in.

I did use gradle but maybe I did it wrong. I imported your project into eclipse using the import feature (file->import choosing gradle project) and pointed it to the directory where git downloaded the branch to. Eclipse told me “the project to import already contains one or more existing eclipse project descriptors” and asked “Do you want to keep these descriptors and preserve any configured source folders and classpath, or do you want to do a clean import”.

If I keep them I end up getting some sort of error. "Synchronize gradle builds with workspace failed due to an unexpected error. Cannot nest ‘ProjectWorlds/src/main/java’ inside ProjectWorlds. To enable nesting exclude ‘src/’ from ProjectWorlds.

Alternatively if I do the clean import everything seems to come in just fine. But then gradle doesn’t seem to be generating the mcmod.info. So I’m guessing I’m doing something incorrect during the import. I’ll keep after it but any suggestions are welcomed.

Sad to hear issues with TerrainControl. One of our worlds is using it and I was really hoping future ones could use it as well. Looks like I’m sort of in the same position as mcsnetworks. :frowning: I found mystcraft and looked it over yesterday and it looks pretty promising as far as the flavor of the environment we’re trying to create goes but it appears to only be for minecraft 1.7 and we’re wanting to stay somewhat up to date. It also would mean losing our existing worlds. Not the greatest of solutions but if this is what we come to we’ll make it work somehow.

I’m sure these problems stem from the different way forge works than bukkit but the transition around this issue seems particularly painful. Almost seems sponge is pretty early in development but seeing it’s up to API 5 that surely can’t be the case. Seems this is just an issue people like me will need to find a way around. When I really think about it using a Bungee server and each world it’s own server with it’s own plugins to make them feel unique is probably the most correct way to go about this, but not having my own dedicated server to run all them it’s not really an option and shared hosting to do this would be a bit overkill and costly at this point.

EDIT:
I figured out what was happening. I was trying to build the jar using eclipse’s export feature. I was unfamilar with how to properly build gradle projects. For those having similar issues in eclipse if you look in the area where eclipse shows compile problems you’ll see a gradle tasks tab. On this tab you’ll find a line that says build. Double clicking this will build the project. You can the jar file in the build/libs directory of the project.Maybe this will save someone some sanity ;o)

I had the same problem. I restarted the server and it worked after a few tries. Just keep restarting til it goes through, But now I am unsure if its being done by pjw or essentials lol /pjw returns an unknown command error and I know essentials has some pretty basic multi world stuff built in. Try restarting your server and doing ‘/sponge plugins reload’ before creating a world.

/pjw is not a command. judging from the screen shot it’s definitely coming from this plugin. It’s a bit hard to determine the cause for this type of problem. All I can say is Sponge failed to create WorldProperties. It doesn’t give a reason only a boolean value.

can u Disable Weather perm tho cus rain and other weather lags my pixelmon server

I added a game rule for that. Use the vanilla weather command to set weather to whatever desired, then run the command

/gamerule <world> doWeatherCycle false

Is this Strictly a world manager, or does it also have intentions to be an inventory manager for worlds as well option - allow teleport between worlds, but keep the inventory separate? Or do you have such a plugin under your belt/in the works / planned pending more inventory api completion…?

Still a WIP. Waiting on certain Inventory API features but it is functional

ok so that command will disable rain snow and the other types or do i have to do weather snow then /gamerule doWeatherCycle false

to disable

need to update your screenshot then. It literally shows using ‘/pjw cr’ as a shortcut to create worlds. Confused me as all my trying with the /pjw command shown in the screen returned unknoen errors and I restarted and reloaded pointlessly trying to make it work since I thought the plugin was not working since its command was not responding.

The screenshots are only to show an example of how the help pages work and should not be used for command reference. They will be updated at some point.