Project Worlds - World Manager

That’s good to know!

I have found some bugs on my server with projectworlds and projectinventories.
For information :

• I used Spongeforge-1.8.9-1763-4.1.0-beta-1212, projectworlds-4.1.0-0.10.43 and projectinventories-4.1-0.5.5.
  • I’ve created an inventory and linked it with my creative world.
  • We use warps to tp ourselves between worlds.

–> When players join for the first time the creative world, their normal inventory is duplicate in the creative inventory and sometimes their gamemode doesn’t change between worlds.

–> When they change world, their experience bar appears empty but when they disconnect/reconnect, it come back. Sometimes when they disconnect, they retrieved some levels they have already use.

–> Sometimes, when players teleport themselves from a normal world to a creative world with a warp, they died when spawning and they loose their inventories (but keep-inventory is enable on this world with projectworlds gamerule and on the global server).

Do you know some of theses bugs ?

edit : I tried without project world, with essentialcmds multi-world service and I spawn normally but when I added projectinventory I died when tp to the creative map. I think it a bug of the projectinventory and not from projectworlds.

These are all PJI related bugs, expect for the gamemode issue. Most are known and all are waiting on new Sponge events to be fixed. The Exp appearing empty and health appearing full is only visual in nature, and usually corrects itself after a minute or so of game-play. It is a Sponge related error from what I can tell.

PJI is in a very early stage and isn’t recommended for use on production servers.

1 Like

OK thanks for answer :slight_smile:

Do you plan on adding support for world specific vanilla nether and end worlds and portals in the future, or is it currently not possible with Sponge?

I’m not sure what you mean by world specific nether and ends. You can create portals using my Project Portals plugin.

I mean like MultiVerse, so I could create a PVP world that has its own separate nether and end dimensions that generate like they do in vanilla

So basically what your saying is you want vanilla nether and end portals in certain worlds to teleport players to assigned nether and end worlds?

Correct, Sorry if I didn’t explain it well

No worries, sometimes things go over my head. This is something I would like to do in the future but from what I can tell the needed Sponge events are not yet implemented. Once these events are working I can create a couple gamerule entries that would allow assigning a default nether and default end world for worlds.

2 Likes

Awesome, will definitely be looking out for that

Can you tell me what issues you have again with the current DisplaceEntityEvent ? Does it not trigger always when changing worlds?

Yes Sometimes it does not always trigger when setting player location, or by the time it does, the TransformFrom and TransformTo end up being the same. Hasn’t happened too often on my test server but other users seem to have a pretty consistent problem with it, which makes me believe it could be due to tick lag.

As far as the suggestion above, I would need a way to identify that the event, (assuming DisplaceEntityEvent.Teleport), was triggered specifically by a vanilla portal, be it end or nether. I need to look into this a bit more. Its possible it would be easier to set a portal destination upon creation…I see there’s ConstructPortalEvent but it only has one get method

Is this a replacement for Multiverse?

Not exactly the word I would use but short answer basically yeah. It similar to Multiverse but for Sponge. Multiverse was actually my inspiration for this plugin.

1 Like

Cool I like this plugin. May use this for a future server. I hope I can get your portals plugin to work. I never got it to work with Multiverse Portals

Project Portals is quite stable atm so you shouldn’t have too many issues with it.

1 Like

Latest version adds /world fill for pre-generating chunks.

Report any bugs or issues.

1 Like

Great plugin! Works like a charm, thanks :relaxed:

1 Like

world load isnt working