Questions about sponge-forge and Beyond 1.8.1

Hello,

I have a FTB beyond 1.8.1 server. 1.8.1 has forge-1.10.2-2297 however the sponge version is 2281. Is it still possible to use this if using 2297, can 1.8.1 run on 2281, it it as easy as adding the plugin into mods as it appears to be?

I would not recommend using Sponge 1.8.x implementations, they are nowhere near as stable as 1.10.2 and 1.11.2.

Thank you, I think i made the question more confusing then needed. basically i’m using forge 2297 due to a ftb mod and sponge looks to be set to 2281. just was not sure if it would load properly. i did some tests and the ftb mod is fine on 2281. The issue im having now is forge is loading a mod before sponge can.

SpongePowered MIXIN Subsystem Version=0.6.10 Source=file:/home/AMP/.ampdata/instances/MCMA/Minecraft/mods/spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2401.jar Env=SERVER
main/INFO - Sponge 06/19/2017 15:48:08
15:48:08/* */
/* An essential class was loaded before Sponge could patch it, this usually means */
/* that another coremod has caused the class to load prematurely. */
/* */
/* Class Name : net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ModContainer */
/* */
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* */
/* Loaded forge classes: */
/* */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.common.DummyModContainer */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.repackage.com.nothome.delta.SeekableSource */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLLog */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.common.versioning.ArtifactVersion */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.repackage.com.nothome.delta.GDiffPatcher */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ModMetadata */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.repackage.com.nothome.delta.PatchException */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ModContainer */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.common.patcher.ClassPatchManager */
/* net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.transformers.PatchingTransformer */
/* */
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* */
/* Technical details: */
/* */
/* Failed on class : net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ModContainer */
/* During phase : PREINIT */
/* Mixin : fml.common.MixinModContainer */
/* Config : mixins.forge.preinit.json */
/* Error Type : org.spongepowered.asm.mixin.transformer.throwables.MixinTargetAlreadyLoadedException */
/* Caused by : Unknown */
/* Message : Critical problem: mixins.forge.preinit.json:fml.common.MixinModContainer target net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ModContainer was already transformed. */
/* */
/******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************/
Attempting to shut down the VM cleanly

Not sure what i am to do about this as this is using forge 2281.

It’s less to do with the versions of Forge, but more that the modpack uses Applied Energetics 2, which is known to be incompatible.

You could try downloading and using SpongeBootstrap to start your server, which should work around the issue.

2 Likes