[Solved] RandomTP around Player location

Hey,

I need an “unstuck” plugin or a random tp that randomizes the teleport target around the player’s location, not the map’s center.

Does somebody know something like this?

Background: We have a large spawn area where player’s aren’t allowed to build or destroy anything and won’t get damage.
If a player falls into a hole, he’s stuck there.

1 Like

Nucleus has the /spawn command that will teleport the player to the set spawn

But that’s not what I’m searching for…

1 Like

Thought it would come under “unstuck”. Ill quickly search for random tp

A wild idea just came in my mind:

Execute the spreadplayers-command with the desired parameters and the player as the only target. (And put the command in an alias plugin, the player will only execute the alias)

1 Like

nucleus also has a function to /rtp

Please read what I’m searching for. Nucleus’ RTP doesn’t work like the way I need to.

@RandomByte Sounds like it could be the solution. I will give it a try. Thanks for the hint!

Edit:

Sadly, it does not work in this case. Addtionally you cannot define an Y value.

Nucleus has a /unstuck command.

Being in a hole and typing /unstuck wont help i just tried it with getting myself stuck in a hole 5 blocks deep and it says “you don’t need to unstuck.” so the /unstuck from nucleus is useless for that :confused:

Also why do you have holes inside your spawn? when building up a server you should keep in mind that ofc players will be unable to build in that area so, my question is why are you having holes in spawn? kek

1 Like

Create an alias that gives the player a chorus fruit :3

What protection plugin are you using?

“I the server owner, the admin, the holder of all permissions great and strong and powerful, or working as op…” “was told I didn’t need to unstuck”

Is that possible because you have the ability to fly or change gamemodes in your state? Would regular players be fine in the same spot?

And I second that spawn should be like an amusement park, with measures taken to contain folks to an area safely while presenting a grand display of creativity, and knowing that most folks will try to stick their fingers into any holes big enough for them to get stuck, you do everything to protect them from being able to hurt themselves.

Unstuck commands should be a fallback for players to pull out of their pocket while exploring wilderness, not something to expect them to know exists within seconds of logging in anew and falling into a hole in spawn from wandering a bit. Its like filling in forms that want an age entered into a field, then scream in error at you on the submit page for having entered 1U instead of a number - its lazy, and makes a bad first impression. Take the extra effort to restrict the input to numeric characters only, and you prevent the user from making a mistake that you know is going to result in an error that they are very likely to make.

RedProtect / FTBUtilities

Sure but sometimes stuff happens, and no one is online.

GriefPrevention used to (not sure if it still does) monitor chat for words like ‘help’ or ‘stuck’ and auto suggest users type /unstuck if they were in an admin clain or someone elses claim where they did not have break block permissions.

The easiest plugin/mod to implement something to get players unstuck is the protection plugins that are protecting your world, as they know if the player is lieing, and also know where the regions start and end.

I’d suggest asking them.

Then just teleport them up to the spawn’s floor level and then spread players.

Okay, so far so good, but the command has to be executed as the console and the console uses the center of the map to spread players.
:-/

prefix it with an /execute to use the player’s position or /at on 1.13

1 Like

@RandomByte @ryantheleach

I really thank you both!