RMA: The case of horrible adhesive

So, I’ve been having a bit of fun with my computer case as of lately. It’s a nice, flat, sleek Corsair obsidian series case. I’ve had no problems with it until, well, this week.

That is the front fascia of the case that covers up two massive fans and blocks dust from absolutely rampaging through the system and leaving it a mess

So, looks like the adhesive was just garbage on my specific plate.

I send for a new front plate through RMA, it arrives in the mail and…

Look, the adhesive is messed up again. In fact, the whole upper portion of the metal had been separating from the plastic on arrival. I had it compressed between some heavy books for several hours to get it to stick at all. And then I have another issue with this fascia as well.

The filter netting stuff wasn’t even applied right in the factory (probabaly has to do with the crappy adhesion to the plastic in general) and it’s rippled like crazy and mostly just screwed up.

Corsair has been nothing but helpful and understanding during this entire process, and I’ll update when I get my third fascia / bottom dust filter in the mail. Hopefully it’ll be in perfect condition that time. :frowning: