Running plugin+server from IntelliJ

Hey,

So I followed Gabizou’s tutorials on importing the sponge server source to Intellij and running it, which seems to load with errors for the core tweakers but once someones joins it crashes with an event error. And then the tutorial to add a new module write a plugin and debug it from the plugin with the server as dependency.

This however does not work. The servers tries to start but fails due to errors (duhhh) here is the full log:
http://pastie.org/10301667

I’ve also noticed how the DirtyArtifects does not contains Forge files but Minecraft_Merged files, but I’m assuming this has nothing to do with it.

I hope someone can help me :smile:
Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, I read somewhere that I had to download the SpongeVanilla but that doesn’t work. It must be regular Sponge.

I don’t know if you mean that, but i created a small HowTo cause of your post.
See: [HowTo] Setup Intellij IDEA debugging for Sponge plugins

An alternative method is to import SpongeForge’s source into another module, and use that to run the server:

This means you aren’t using a production jar, and so you can easily debug all the minecraft internals if an issue happens there. While its a bit more of an effort, I think it’s worth it even just for that.