📡 Updatifier v1.4.0 ~ Easy to use update checking

Updatifier is a simple Sponge plugin that allows other plugins to easily check if they have an update available.

Updatifier is not required, meaning if you download a plugin that has support for Updatifier, and you do not have Updatifier installed, no update checking will be done and no errors will be sent to the console.

###How does Updatifier work?

When your server starts, Updatifier searches for plugins that have added support for Updatifier. When a plugin is found, Updatifier contacts GitHub and compares the versions. If a newer version has been found, then Updatifier will notify you in the server console. If a player joins and has the permission updatifier.notify, they too will notified of any updates that are available.

###Installation

To install Updatifier, simply download the latest release and place it in your mods folder. Restart/start your server and Updatifier will initialize! There are currently no configuration files.

###Plugins Using Updatifier

If you have added Updatifier support in your plugin, and want to be featured on this list, send me a PM on the forum.

###Planned Features

• Support for Ore

###Developers

Please view the wiki for a detailed list of instructions and examples on how to add Updatifier support in your plugin.

:inbox_tray: Download Updatifier

:pencil2: Issues & Suggestions

:wrench: Source Code

:books: Wiki

:heavy_dollar_sign: Support Me

10 Likes

Is there a global option to disable the update checking? If not, there should probably be. It should be up to the user if plugins should check for updates online or not.

Updatifier is the plugin that checks for updates. If the server owners don’t want to check for updates, they shouldn’t install Updatifier. But it is still a good idea, I will add a configuration option in the next update!

1 Like

Ah, I missed that part. You should probably mention this here on the thread as well, unless I missed it that is only explained on the wiki. I was assuming it would be required to install Updatifier for plugins using it. :wink:

:smiley: I’ll add it to the thread right now!

Might be a good idea to ask plugins that add support for this to let you know, and keep a list somewhere easy to find so everyone can see what plugins support this.

There is a list on the main post.[quote=“Flibio, post:1, topic:11179”]
###Plugins Using Updatifier

If you have added Updatifier support in your plugin, and want to be featured on this list, send me a PM on the forum.
[/quote]

1 Like

You know it would be nice if you implemented it straight into sponge… maybe a future possibility of implementing with with Ore support.

1 Like

Whenever Ore is completed I plan to switch this plugin over to that. After Ore is complete and I switch this plugin to Ore, I’ll talk with the Sponge devs. I’m not sure if this is better suited for a plugin or implemented straight into Sponge.

1 Like

Add a task to create a jar such as api jar for other plugins to include would be better.

Just sent a pull request to improve it…

So, if I wanted to add Updatifier support to a plugin, I would just add the @Updatifier annotation to the @Plugin class?

Yep, that is all you need to do! Obviously, Updatifier needs to be installed on the server for it work.

2 Likes

Updatifier v1.1.0 is now available!

• Switched to Gradle (@liach)
  • Added support for Statslite (@liach)
  • Added ability to block updating of specific plugins

:memo: Issues & Suggestions

1 Like

Updatifier v1.2.0 is now available!

• Added plugin automatic downloads
  • Further explained on the configuration page of the wiki.
  • Added custom changelogs
  • Further explained on the plugin changelogs page of the wiki.
  • Switched to Sponge code style

:memo: Issues & Suggestions

1 Like

This update just blows the roof off the place… Like WHABAM! Never update again!!! :smiley:

Server updated! Weow!

1 Like

Hello I have having an issue with the plugin loading…

Minecraft: 1.8.9
SpongeAPI: 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT-648d95f
SpongeVanilla: 1.8.9-3.1.0-BETA-239

Plugins (14): Minecraft, SpongeVanilla, Blood Money, SpongeAPI, Polis, EssentialCmds, Total Economy,       PermissionsEx, ItemAuction, ServerListPlus, Project Portals, NuVotifier, AdminShop, Prism

Full log
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/320126/98756214/

Great plugin !!!:slightly_smiling:

I got this error when trying to load the plugin

Minecraft: 1.8.9
SpongeAPI: 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT
SpongeVanilla: 1.8.9-3.1.0-BETA-178

I’d update SpongeVanilla first and try again.

1 Like