Searge Tweet about server software market-share

Just saw Searges tweet and will leave it here to discuss it and for reference :smile:
My assumption is that the 35% running Spigot are actually 1.8 Bukkit Server and CraftBukkit are remaining 1.7.10 Bukkit servers.

I was curious to see how many servers are running vanilla. So after grinding one week worth of snooper data, I got: pic.twitter.com/lS9d6YwtTI

— Searge (@SeargeDP) 29. Mai 2015

Pretty interesting to see those stats. I always wondered how the distribution of server-mods was laid out. Not too surprised apart from the high vanilla share. Probably personal servers?

My assumption is that the 35% running Spigot are actually 1.8 Bukkit Server and CraftBukkit are remaining 1.7.10 Bukkit servers.

Pretty sure that those are spigot servers since spigot was already pretty popular before the 1.8 update, and spigot also distributes 1.8 craftbukkit builds iirc.

Doubt it. There are plenty of 1.7.10 servers, and searge knows that 1.8 ‘bukkit’ is a stripped spigot.

Is Cauldron part of “Other”? If yes, it seems to be too few, doesn’t it?

It depends on how spigots fork of craftbukkit reports itself to the snooper service / mcstats.

if it’s just labelled as craftbukkit the only way you can tell the difference is if he split craftbukkit into 1.7 and 1.8

I’m not sure whether Cauldron was branded as Cauldron, Forge or Spigot…

Same for Spout and Sponge. SpongeVanilla should be marked as Vanilla or Other and Sponge should be marked as Forge (or sponge!?)

EDIT:
Joe pointed out that Sponge for Forge is actually marked as Forge.