Server freezing randomly

Hey, so since a few days my server keeps freezing,
its not even crashing but its freezing.
You still could play on the Server but you dont get drops or the server is saving the progress.
It looks like the Server get 100% CPU usage in all 4 cores. There are no errors in the Console or in the Logs. The freezing started random from one to another day without changing anything at all.

Maybe somebody knows how to fix it, if you need any more information i’ll do my best to provide these information

Sponge Version : spongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.7-RC3928

Server Hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
RAM: 4x RAM 8192 MB DDR3

Mods are a long list because i use a modpack wich is similar to Infinity Kinetic

Plugins (15): Minecraft, Minecraft Coder Pack, SpongeAPI, Sponge, CatClearLag, EconomyLite, LuckPerms, MagiBridge, Nucleus, Prism, RedProtect, ServerListPlus, StatusProtocol, WorldEdit, spark

Freezing typically means a infinite loop is happening (or a very large loop). If you wait for about 10 min or so, the server watchdog should kick in and give you a crash report in which sponges phase tracker will tell you where the infinite loop is

1 Like

@MoseMister Is it also happening if the max-tick-time=-1 ?

Why did you tag me? Im not the one with the issue?

I Tagged you because you said “the server watchdog should kick in” and i heard that if max-tick-time=-1 in the server.properties the watchdog is kinda disabled.

Yes and if there watchdog is disabled, we won’t get a crash report, which makes it hard to diagnose - so if you watchdog is disabled =-1 please re-enable it, and when it crashes send the crash to us.

Alright, i’ll re-enable it and if it freezes / crashes i’ll send the crash-report

1 Like

Okay now after some hour’s it freezed again and then the watchdog kicked in.

Crash-Report : Server Crash - Pastebin.com

It seems to be a issue with RedProtect

br.net.fabiozumbi12.RedProtect.Sponge.region.RegionManager.getTopRegion(RegionManager.java:269)

It may not be RedProtects fault, it may just that there is just so much to process and the watchdog stopped at the part of RedProtect. But still, you can report the issue to the dev and see what they say, they know there plugin better then I.

1 Like

Alright i’ll do it, Thanks for your help <3