Server won't start: FTB Unlimited Reloaded

Hello, first time posting here on the forum.

I have an FTB Unlimited reloaded server, Minecraft version 1.12.2

It is running forge 14.23.5.2811.
When I try to run the server, it fails to start every time. The server is with a dedicated host who installed sponge for me. I have also tried it myself, still to no avail.

The tech team at the server host informed me it was because sponge is running 2768 and not 2811, however the guys on discord told me if I go with SpongeForge, 1.12.2-2768-7.1.6-RC3616 and it should be grand. We tried that and it still did not work. I am lost for ideas, and SpongeForge seems like a really great asset to have. If anybody has any ideas please let me know. I can post any logs or anything needed.

Thanks in advance

Please go to your logs folder and upload the debug.log to a site like gist or pastebin and then give us the link.

You can also try applying the foamfix and old mixin fixes.

https://github.com/xT3Hc/Sponge/blob/master/README.md

here you are, thanks for the help!

I do not immediately see anything wrong in that log file. It looks as though the server just hasn’t started all the way…

What makes you say that it fails to start? Is there an error message or something in particular?
How much ram are you giving it?

Just 2.5gb, does it need more? It was only supposed to be for a couple of people. I say it won’t start because it keeps restarting the start cycle once almost everything has loaded (about 3 minutes), it stops the server automatically and reverts back to the start, so it won’t come online. There is no error message that I can see. I leave it running for 10 minutes and it still fails to start. I removed the jar and it ran just fine but as soon as it is put back in it just goes on a restart loop

crashlog/README.md at master · xT3Hc/crashlog · GitHub It created this crashlog if that is of any help

I think I’ve found the problem. Sponge and FoamFix have a few optimizations that conflict with each other. Edit config/foamfix.cfg and change these settings to false:

B:optimizedBlockPos=false
B:patchChunkSerialization=false
1 Like