Server world migration assistance/training?

Hello All,

I have been trying to start up a new private multi-world server and am having trouble getting some worlds properly ported in. I’m not looking to take up much time, just a brief run-down of how to import my worlds accurately and gain a better understanding of how to get this done; what files I should be grabbing from an old server, etc. I already managed to lose some of the work my fiancee and I did on the “base world” so I figure before I break any further data I’d better get some help

Anyone care to help go over this with me? :slight_smile:

-James

Well. First of all you will need a plugin that will load multiple worlds.

I am not a expert with multiworlds so use mine as a last resort.

I would then create a new using that plugin with the same name of the world you wish to import. Then on your old server, if its not a bukkit based server (ie. Spigot, paper, etc) then go into the folder named “world” from there copy over the folder with the world name. Put it in the place where the new world was created (World/) and replace all the files.

It would be better if you delete the world you created using the plugin before transfering your old world over.

This way of transfering worlds means you shouldnt need to deal with the sponge world properties folder.

If you are transfering the world from bukkit then the world folder is right in the root. Its not in the world folder

Actually, this was just what I needed - sort of one of those obvious things to try that I just wasn’t thinking - after trying to follow your suggestion, I noticed there are “level_sponge.dat” files which seem to be needed in order for each world to be recognized, but deleting/transferring the worlds when keeping those files seems to work.

Thanks for the help, and hopefully this’ll help others!

1 Like