🛡 [Anti-Grief|General Protection] RedProtect Universal (All APIs Compatible)

@FabioZumbi12
Issue with claiming limits:

This is the permission given to everyone in my pex files:
“redprotect.limit.blocks.10000”: 1,

However a user is able to claim over 10,000 blocks;

Config:
Please note that I have only given permissions for the 10,000 blocks and none of the others.

permissions-limits {
permissions {
blocks=[
“redprotect.limit.blocks.10000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.20000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.30000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.40000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.50000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.60000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.70000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.80000”
]
claims=[
“redprotect.limit.claim.5”,
“redprotect.limit.claim.10”,
“redprotect.limit.claim.20”
]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Another issue is that the plugin doesn’t read offline player claims.
You are no longer notified of entering a claim and you do not see their welcome messages if they are offline.
You only see “wilderness” when you exit if you happen to go over someones claim.

When you use /rp info and /rp list {playername} inside of an offline players claim you get:

^ The same thing above happens to admin regions. I guess when the server restarts it reads the “owner” which is the server, as offline? The region remains, however the welcome message doesn’t work, you aren’t notified of entering the admin region and you can not use /rp info

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

OMG YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW EXCITED I AM TO SEE “ALLOW-MOD” WORK.
I could cry, thank you so much :heart:

Can you send me the console error log when you get this error?

1 Like

Absolutely!

^ That was pulled from logs.

This one below was from console, however is all over the place.
I want to include it though in case by chance, I didn’t find everything from the logs.

@FabioZumbi12
Issue with claiming limits:

[quote] This is the permission given to everyone in my pex files:
“redprotect.limit.blocks.10000”: 1,

However a user is able to claim over 10,000 blocks;

Config:
Please note that I have only given permissions for the 10,000 blocks and none of the others.

permissions-limits {
permissions {
blocks=[
“redprotect.limit.blocks.10000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.20000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.30000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.40000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.50000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.60000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.70000”,
“redprotect.limit.blocks.80000”
]
claims=[
“redprotect.limit.claim.5”,
“redprotect.limit.claim.10”,
“redprotect.limit.claim.20”
]
[/quote]

^^
I found the issue, the permissions for claim limits and claim blocks only gets counted towards fence claims. Any player claims with the wand have unlimited use and they can claim as many claims as they want and as large as they want.

I think offline player and block limit for claim is fixed but i cant test now… redownload and try :wink:

1 Like

I absolutely love this plugin ^-^

/rp info is still having issues, but
/rp list {name} works perfectly :smiley:

Also claim limits / blocks are working :sunny:
Thank you so much for everything you are doing.
This is fantastic news!

@FabioZumbi12
The /rp info also displays that error when the original owner is online, but adds a member that is offline.
So if any of the members are offline as well as the owner, /rp info displays the error in chat.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Was also curious if you’d be interested in making it so that admins can delete / bypass / rename, etc with ONLY player claims and not admin claims. Alot of the admin permissions also grant staff perms to admin regions… which is something id prefer them not to tamper with… however, taking those permissions way means they can no longer moderator/interact with normal player claims.

Do large regions still crash you? That was my specific issue with this, especially since I am looking to this as a replacement for Bukkit’s WorldGuard… @Ren @FabioZumbi12

Hey Ras,
I have only encountered the crash when I ‘redefine’ a region. However, anytime I ‘define’ for the first time, it is ok.

How many blocks are you talking about? I am trying to define a region of 2000^2 blocks

My largest region at the moment was; 1,504,248 blocks.

Since this plugin does not define the height, it would be of 20002000255= 1,020,000,000. Is there a way to make this less heavy, @FabioZumbi12 ? Or even make it async, so it does it in layers or over a certain number of ticks

Does anyone who uses Red Protect have a solution to making item frames invincible?
I have installed NBTEDIT, however fishing rods can still break item frames.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Is this NBTedit in game or externally?

NBTedit in game that was ported to 1.8.9.
Still doesnt work, but usually does.

If you find a plugin that can protect itemframes, armorstands and paintings please give me to i take a look on how to implement.

DISCLAIMER
DO NOT USE Sponge’s latest recommanded release 1227 with redprotect as your region plugin. I updated and all users could break admin claims, etc. I went back to sponge 1222 and everything is fine again.

1 Like

@FabioZumbi12
Hello and Happy belated Easter from EST.

I was wondering how difficult it would be to set up a configurable option that allows owners to change /rp Tutorial. Currently we are using the wand for player claims, however, players keep using /rp tutorial which tells them how to claim using blocks… which I am sure you can see why that may be problematic.

I thought it may be helpful for a configurable option to allow owner to set the tutorial to either a block claiming system or a wand based system. Then, if the owner chooses to use block claiming, they can specify what block they would like the tutorial to display in game. Right now if you change the block ID in the config, the tutorial will still say “Fence” which again could confuse a lot of people.

Tutorial {
tutorial-type=“Block/Wand”
block-id=[
“Fence”
wand-id=[
“Golden_Shovel”

I don’t code, but something like that :sweat_smile:

If tutorial-type was set to “Block” the tutorial would remain how it does now in game, except where it says “fence” it would be replaced with whatever block is set up in “block-id=”.

If the tutorial-type is set to “Wand” then upon using /rp tutorial users would be shown how to claim with the wand specified in the config and how / when to use /rp claim, etc.

Sorry for typing so much I just like to be detailed :smile:

You can simply edit the langfile for what you want!

See the lines here: https://github.com/FabioZumbi12/Sponge-RedProtect/blob/master/src/main/resources/br/net/fabiozumbi12/redprotect/langEN-US.ini#L150

:blush:

With this plugin i think is 98% editable and configurable. You will discovering with your needs.

I’m a fool!
Thank you and sorry to waste your time :kissing_heart: