Simple Chat

Yeah, I was considering this anyways. Seems that’s the only reason anyone uses this plugin.

Thanks, get back to me if you do so?

Still a work in progress but here’s a test build. Base command is /broadcast, config is pretty much the same.
Command permissions simplebroadcast.cmd.broadcast.[command]
Also added permission simplebroadcast.off. Any player with this permission will not receive broadcasts. Let me know what you think.

Would you consider making it /announce or something?
Just because /broadcast is used by most of the “Essentials” plugins (EssentialCmds, Nucleus, Nexus, etc)

Essential plugins have every command under the sun. I would recommend reading this. Nothing against your suggestion, but I feel I should be able to use whatever command I feel fits without worrying about someone else’s project. Plus the project is called SimpleBroadcast so…the command kind of goes with the name.

Sorry if that sounded rude, I just have a strong stance on the subject

1 Like

Hey, with the chat channels I don’t think we can type a message with spaces,
example: I can’t do /ch Help I need help, I broke my foot!
I can only type in one word in the command otherwise it will say i have too much arguments.
Also, can we just have it so they can just do /ch join so they can continue to type in that channel.
But still have a global channel?

I’m actually re writing most the plugin atm. Channels will work different. /ch <channel> will join player to that channel and will only see and write messages in that channel. /ch global to leave channel.

That sounds great :slight_smile: Do you have an idea on when it may be released? Also, good luck on it!

Not sure. I’m also doing heavy work on SimpleTags at the same time, plus the near dozen other projects I’m maintaining. Im focusing mostly on this right now so hopefully I’ll have something to release in a couple days.

Why did you remove the auto-broadcast feature off this? It’s the main reason I wanted it :confused:

Are there permission nodes? People aren’t seeing the broadcasts.

Update: I cannot, but the non-ops can.

hmm. I thought I had fixed that already…

Yeah there’s the node simplebroadcast.off

I added your recent update and (as op) I cannot see the broadcasts, but people with opp can.

From the looks of it, I never posted the release with the actual fix in it. Update to 0.1.2 and report back please

Still can’t see it.

OK, I made a change that I feel makes a bit more sense. I removed the simplebroadcast.off permission node and added the commands /broadcast mute and /broadcast unmute. These commands can be run by players to mute broadcasts. This setup eliminates the need for that removed permission, thereby fixing the OP issues.

Are you able to allow the prefix for the messages to be changed? [BROADCASR] seems a little unnessicary. I’d prefer (and others) something such as [Server Name] or [Alert]

You can if you add SimpleTags to your server