[Solved] Custom Images On Server

Hello, does anyone know how custom images on a server like this is possible? If possible, I’d like to know how I can do something like this in Sponge. These screenshots were taken from Hypixel.

These are maps in item frames. They point to a region of the world where this image exists in block form. MapIt is an MCEdit filter which creates maps from PNG files.

2 Likes

Oh! Thank you so much for this information. I’ll have a look at this immediately!

Once the map API is merged you should also be able to do this without an MCEdit filter or any sort of area in the world representing the information on the map.

2 Likes

I’ve also seen this done with a resource pack forced by the server.

That’s also possible, but each texture that’s replaced is a block that you can’t use for anything else. That simply wouldn’t be feasible with multiple large banners while retaining survival mode.

It’s usually paintings.

1 Like

Oh. Well, I suppose that’s another option, although it does still sorta intrude on survival.

What about items with custom damages?

With custom damages you only sacrifice 1 item for a lot of different images, but i understand what you’re saying, i prefer maps for these kind of things like you

Kind of an old thread, but there’s a way to set the custom damage texture to appear only if the item has an “unbreakable” tag applied to it. Then you get to use the normal item like normal, and it’s basically added textures.

Of course maps are much better for the thing OP wants, but I thought I’d add this in anyway. :slight_smile:

assets/minecraft/models/item/golden_sword.json

{
    "parent": "item/handheld",
    "textures": {
        "layer0": "items/gold_sword"
    },
    "overrides": [
        {
            "predicate": {
                "damaged": 0,
                "damage": 0.03030303
            },
            "model": "tedstar/flag_usa"
        },
        {
            "predicate": {
                "damaged": 1,
                "damage": 0
            },
            "model": "item/golden_sword"
        }
    ]
}

assets/minecraft/models/tedstar/flag_usa.json

{
    "parent": "item/generated",
    "textures": {
        "layer0": "items/flag_usa"
    }
}

You can use predicates to specify the original model (item/golden_sword) if the item is damaged ("damaged": 1) and to use it for all damage values ("damage": 0). Then, you can set the custom model (tedstar/flag_usa) for when the item is unbreakable ("damaged": 0) and for each specific damage value ("damage": 0.03030303). (Since gold sword has 33 uses, damage value of 1 is 1/33 = 0.03030303.)

It seems that @VcSaJen just released the perfect plugin for you :

1 Like