Sponge causing server to Crash

I’ve browsed several different potential solutions, but cannot seem to get this working on my own, so perhaps the friendly community here can help?
The server is working okay until I try installing Sponge. As soon as the Sponge jar is added to my mods folder, the crashes start. Any help would be very much appreciated, and will gladly provide any additional information needed.

Using this Forge jar: forge-1.12.2-14.23.0.2529-universal.jar
This Sponge Jar: spongeforge-1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3206.jar
And this Pixelmon jar (Only other mod installed): Pixelmon-1.12.2-6.3.2-universal.jar

Server start up from console: ParadiddlePride's Server Sponge Crash - Pastebin.com

It looks like your spongeforge version does not match your forge version. Iirc that is a requirement.

Yeah you need to either update your Forge to 2705+ (Recommended) or downgrade your SpongeForge to one which supports that Forge version (Not recommended).

~ Alice

Thank you for the replies, I updated Forge and everything started running, albeit it took quite awhile to load. In the end I got some “Out of Memory” errors, so will likely have to just upgrade my available memory with my host.