Sponge Development Page Ideas

I’m sure there’s already a topic somewhere based on this, but I had a few ideas for the SpongeDev page. I’m drawing a blank right now, but here’s a list of some of my ideas;

• Different sections for the type of plugin: API, Plugin or Resource
  • The ability to have an auto-updater (possibly built into the SpongeAPI). It would give new and old developers a break when trying to auto-update their plugins.
  • It would be nice if it was made in a way that would only request/download/etc. an auto-update if it was compatible with the version of the Sponge Server. (Compatibility would be available in the same way Compatibility was setup on the BukkitDev page.
  • Obviously add uploads and downloads.
  • Maybe a reputation feature (Stars/Thumbs up or down)
  • Based on the Stars/Thumbs ups or downs, it would take the average of all your plugins, and that would be your reputation as a developer.
  • More to come… Not sure what else to post, but I’m sure someone else will have some good ideas.
  1. I agree, it’s going to get cluttered fast if we don’t have sub-forums.
  2. Awesome idea, although I’ve never used it before.
    2.1. That might be a bit much to keep track of.
  3. Agreed.
  4. Yes, but only positive features. People might abuse a negative system.

I agree with most of the said, here. I feel like the layout for forums.spongepowered.org could be improved a bit. It’s a lot like StackExchange’s layout, and only time will tell how functional it will be in that respect. I think this could use some tabs and such—a quick-nav. Lots and lots of information, too, and we should be able to see the staff of the project, I think.

Also, I think that there should be a “trial” period, where new members must have their posts approved for the first couple days, just to make sure there is no spam.

That’s why I mentioned Stars. I feel that stars are better than Thumbs ups or downs.

1 Like

There are these heart thingies now, I suppose they work just as well. :wink:

1 Like