Sponge Merch?

Well, with the project growing, people are probably going to widely adapt to Sponge.

I think they should do something like make a Merch Store.

Honestly, most coders that develop for it would most likely buy a shirt that represents the new platform.

And also, regular people would probably get it to so they can represent things like Sponge.

I know that if the Bukkit logo was a bit more professional, and they had T Shirts for it, I’d probably buy one of those.

I think it’d just be a cool idea for the community to show that the project leads care about the community, and get a bit of money towards Donations.

I’ve heard of things like Booster.com or other Merch Sites that work for people or organizations to get profits from sales in a form like a Donation. I think that’d suit the project well. Give a reward for donating to the project.

If you guys have ideas, or this seems completely sh*t of an idea, let’s fix that. You know what I mean. Not a 12 year old mind’s interpretation, but a normal kind. Comment/Reply.

EDIT:

I forgot to say, this would probably not happen immediately as the project is still pretty new. Once people start using it and it gets adopted by more servers and gains publicity, then that’d be a good time for the merch.

6 Likes

A bit early for merch, don’t you think?

Yeah. Forgot to mention that :stuck_out_tongue:

Once it gets a bit more populated, and actually finished, this would come into effect. Not really now, but sometime in the future.

Wow that was redundant.

Not only is a bit early, but we should make sure Microsoft doesn’t do anything to stop the modding community. Of course, that would be a horrible move on their part, but who knows what they have in mind?

What @Stefenatefun said. Besides, I already have some sponges in my kitchen!

5 Likes

You say donate for merchandise, Well people have covered this, If you are getting a shirt you payed for you BOUGHT it you didn’t DONATE for it

2 Likes

I think they should focus on making Sponge happen before making money from selling sponges :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thats mint @baseball435.

I tried a similar idea on Bukkit
https://forums.bukkit.org/threads/bukkit-merch.232547/

There are a few good ideas on there that could be tweaked for sponge.

I support this idea, I’d definitely buy Sponge merch if it’s well designed. One of the best examples I’ve seen are the Universim Kickstarter t-shirts (Linking it in the allbox thingy ended up with a giant ad for the game, so just click the link to see). :stuck_out_tongue:

Those designs can be liked, and even worn, by folk who don’t necessarily know what they’re about, let alone those who do.

I’d definitely buy a Sponge :wink:

2 Likes

I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO WANT MERCH I EVEN MADE SPONGE SHIRTS OH GOD I HAVE PROOF

OH GOD I WOULD BUY SO MANY SHIRTS FOR MYSELF PLEASE OH PLEASE

6 Likes

May I suggest replacing the picture with this one?

:slight_smile:

Source: Someone photoshop this please

1 Like

nice, i would buy merchandise, i would want a little plastic figurine though of the Little Warrior Sponge we see their.

1 Like