Sponge-Related error on StoneBlock :(

I have no idea why this happens. Recently we installed sponge on our server, which wreaked tons of havoc. Our default perms are broken and now we’re using Luck Perms (which was expected, obviously not an error) but Sponge also destroyed all of our Flux Networks for some reason. /shrug

But the error in the paste is pretty terrible, because people can not visit other islands. Why would installing sponge do this? The island commands worked just fine pre-sponge.

Edit1: Also, our server has been lagging, which is partly why I installed Sponge, so I may do timings and fix whatever might be causing it. Ever since I installed sponge people are complaining about even worse lag? I did a small timings report here - Aikar's Timings Viewer I’m so confused on what is causing the lag…

Here’s another - Aikar's Timings Viewer

Sorry if this isn’t a good place to post this. If not, where?

Edit2: Me and others are stumped on what a good java argument would be for our modded stoneblock server. One has suggested this -

set JAVA_PARAMETERS= -mx8G -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=20 -XX:AllocatePrefetchStyle=1 -XX:+UseSuperWord -XX:+OptimizeFill -XX:LoopUnrollMin=4 -XX:LoopMaxUnroll=16 -XX:+UseLoopPredicate -XX:+RangeCheckElimination -XX:+CMSCleanOnEnter -XX:+EliminateLocks -XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:+UseFastJNIAccessors -XX:+CMSScavengeBeforeRemark -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrentAndUnloadsClasses -XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=10 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=10 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:G1NewSizePercent=10 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=100 -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:SurvivorRatio=6 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=3 -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=320m

I suggested this (directly copied from my vanilla 1.12.2 server)

set JAVA_PARAMETERS= -mx12G -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=10 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:AllocatePrefetchStyle=1 -XX:+UseSuperWord -XX:+OptimizeFill -XX:LoopUnrollMin=4 -XX:LoopMaxUnroll=16 -XX:+UseLoopPredicate -XX:+RangeCheckElimination -XX:+CMSCleanOnEnter -XX:+EliminateLocks -XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:+UseFastJNIAccessors -XX:+CMSScavengeBeforeRemark -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrentAndUnloadsClasses -XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=10 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=10 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:G1NewSizePercent=10 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=350m

The machine we’re running has 12GB’s of RAM (actually 20, but we mentally reserve that for three other game servers)

Can you please post your entire log/crash/debug file.

The file contains a lot more useful information such as mods and their loading order, initialization conflicts, versions, etc.

There was no crash, but I’ll try to paste the entire log -

Log is too big for pastebin - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tpuEPEGMDmi6n4-OifpTibj3e1X19NSr

Still presistant error / problems / lag.

This is a couple of years old, but Aikar’s optimized startup flags for consistent garbage collection might be of some use. It’s a smaller set of JVM flags than you are using, and I’ve never seen some of those before.

In general, there are a few ways to optimize a Sponge server, including using and tweaking the entity-activation ranges, mob spawn caps, and/or tile entity activation, as well as the usual world pre-generation, and by the old reliable trick of lowering the server view distance.

Seemingly view-distance or entities are not responsible for the lag. Whenever 2+ people come on it seems like nomattter what it will begin to lag. We’ve decreased render distance to 4 instead of 8, and have done mob spawn ranges or etc.

Also, ontop of pre-world gen it’s StoneBlock. Players often stay within a 10x10 chunk radius and never leave it except when they are adventuring in another dimension. But it lags even when people are not adventuring