Sponge Server Issue

Ok. I feel like everyone is not on the same page here. In a different topic someone said put the snapshot jar into the mods folder on an forge server. I downloaded minecraft 1.7.10 server jar, ran it, got forge jar, ran it, made forge server. I then put the snapshot jar into the mods folder of the server. Some error happened, and it didn’t work. When you download sponge from github, it has a readme file explaining the steps of building the jar file or whatever in eclipse. I did that, and could run the sponge server and client from eclipse, as shown in the readme file. So my whole point is, I can litteraly run the sponge server from the program eclipse, and the client, but since running server and client is possible (from eclipse), I don’t think if people were going to go on sponge server now, they would want to download eclipse and all the crap to launch the client from eclipse to go on the server which I will be running from eclipse. Is there any other way of running the server/client with jar or running some other way without downloading eclipse and all the crap?

Do you have logs? (Although it is probably due to the fact that its a snapshot jar…)

I do have logs. I will post them in 1 min. (I have to go out and get butter) derp d derp

Since you suddenly changed the topic of the other thread, I’ll post my reply here. But i just want to make it clear that the reason you got an error, among other reasons, is because Sponge will be for Forge 1.8 not 1.7. If you actually read the faqs I linked you you would’ve known that much.

Here’s my post from the other thread:

1 Like

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hi. I’m Minecraft, and I’m a crashaholic.

Time: 10/14/14 4:42 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: cpw.mods.fml.common.ModContainerFactory.registerContainerType(Lorg/objectweb/asm/Type;Ljava/lang/Class;)V
at org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeMod.(SpongeMod.java:58)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:374)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:324)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:468)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:87)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:313)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:117)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

– System Details –
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 3.13.0-32-generic
Java Version: 1.7.0_65, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 282446944 bytes (269 MB) / 349175808 bytes (333 MB) up to 1908932608 bytes (1820 MB)
JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx2G
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.18.1180 Minecraft Forge 10.13.0.1180 3 mods loaded, 0 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)
FML{7.10.18.1180} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1180-universal.jar)
Forge{10.13.0.1180} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.0.1180-universal.jar)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to ‘fml,forge’
Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

So the snapshot jar says it is 1.7.10 but it is 1.8?

Yes. It is not for 1.7 at all. It’s being built for 1.8 and 1.8 only. They might go back later and make one for 1.7 but that wont be until after Sponge has come out for 1.8.

And again, why did you create another topic?? Especially when you posted the topic’s text in your previous one’s. Eventually this will be closed down by a mod as well since you’re asking the same thing again for a fourth time.

I am very confused. Sponge does not work when applied to an regular 1.7.10 forge server, but if i run the client/server in eclipse, it somehow magically works?

This will not be closed down because this is only one about sponge server stuff.

That’s because, like everyone has been saying, it’s not finished yet. Not even a pre-alpha build. It may be able to be “run” in eclipse but you’re unable to run it anywhere else because the thing that it’s built to run off of, Forge 1.8 isn’t out at all. You can’t use a car stereo without a car.

Your “i love cheeseburgers” renamed topic still has your full text about the servers in the first post. So unless the mods are completely blind they will see that it’s in fact, the same topic. And even if it wasn’t, you’re not allowed to post unrelated things like cheeseburgers in the Sponge section of the forums anyway.

Thanks for the log. Looking at your issue it it looks like the FML versions between your dev environment and the server are mismatched. (Assuming that this doesn’t happen in eclipse) Its 11pm right here tho and I’m on my mobile so I can’t test anything.

I can litteraly run the sponge server and client in eclipse and it works fine… (just cant connect to server) but server is online and could connect if i could login with minecraft id

Instead of using forge #1180, try it with 1.7.10-10.13.1.1217, the version it is currently being built against.

remind us again why you’re doing all of this?

1 Like