Sponge Server Launcher?

Sorry if I ruined the discussion, but I saw the title “Sponge Server Launcher” and I was like, “What?” so I have read all the posts and if you mean like the GUI in the Minecraft server that is incredibly laggy. Also

I have an HTC One M7. 3 GB of RAM, works for me, I’ve done it. Just saying. It’s not perfect, but it works.

Ram is definitely not everything. Minecraft is a single threaded application and requires a lot of CPU time. To run a smooth game, you need a high single threaded performance CPU. Memory is just capacity for moving data around close to the CPU. Your phone’s ARM (most common arch) cpu is way less powerful than a high performance server. My company uses stuff like i5 1650 v2’s, 2690 v3’s, etc.

Yeah, that’s true. I used it originally because me and my friends were fooling around and were trying to see how many devices among us could run a Minecraft server and hold 4 players without dying. My real Minecraft server remains on a dedicated computer.

Well that’s different. That sounds like a fun challenge hahaha. I’d do that. I just wouldn’t ever recommend a dedicated server on a phone or tablet.

All I need now is a phone/tablet

4 Likes

Love the idea… Most other control panels use the web browser.

Server.IP/Multicraft/
With Multicraft if it’s home hosted personal server Ik how to fix it so you don’t need to do:
Localhost:8080/Multicraft/

EDIT: didn’t mean to NECRO Post.

Firstly, there is no VS 2014, but VS 2015 is coming soon, You can already download a preview of it.

Next, you don’t need a DreamSpark account as you can download the Express versions which will do what you need. The main drawback is that you need a separate version for apps, for desktop, for web, etc.

Lastly, you’d be much better off switching to WPF or Silverlight otherwise you’d be limiting yourself to users with Windows 8.1, you’d need to buy a developer account, and the process of writing an app is far harder than writing a desktop or web program. Plus there are still a few things missing from the WinRT API vs the desktop API.