Sponge should have X!

The universal version and source version contains code for both client and server. The installers allow you to select to either

1. Install the client
  2. Install the server
  3. Extract the files

With this system there does not need to be a separate client and server download

This should be pinned for all users.

It is. It just isn’t pinned globally.

Other than Robodude’s explanation, I think the best evidence is that there are ‘NMS’ patches on both the FML and Forge github repos.

Respectfully, may I suggest, before spamming posts with this link, you might want actually read posts to be sure they if they are asking for a plugin or suggesting API functions.

1 Like

Multi-Core Processing, instead of single core lame-ness by default, and if not, maybe be able to run the whole program through the GPU instead of the CPU?

i think this would be revolutionary if we could get servers to process through GPUs instead of CPUs… Doesn’t it run through single core CPU right now? Or is there someway that i don’t know of to run the server off of multithreads?

Yeah I suppose I was suggesting this as a feature for a custom server that would have a GPU thread, similar to the Synchronous and Asynchronous threads in Bukkit. Sponge or a separate API could just be there for other plugins to access this thread. The plugin would be responsible for determining how the GPU is utilized.

so is there a way to trick vanilla minecraft into using GPU or Multithread CPU?

Safely, unfortunately not. The server itself would have to be written to utilize multithreading/gpgpu. In terms of gpgpu external libraries such as opencl would have to be imported, along with multithreading the code would have to be multithreaded safe to prevent data corruption (two threads executing different tasks to modify one shared variable at the same time is bad).
Check out this video for a better explanation.

This could easily cause world corruption along with other horrid irreversible problems.

1 Like

WhiteList or BlackList for additional client mods?
Multilanguage like

http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/realtimetranslation.1048/

Spout, yes.

Spigot? No, never. Spigot is about doing low-level changes to how the server jar works, functionality which is not exposed through any kind of API.

When people ask if Sponge will support what Spigot is doing, they are basically asking for performance adjustments. Performance of vanilla CraftBukkit (which is minecraft_server.jar + code for loading plugins) is terrible because performance of vanilla server is terrible.

1 Like

localization support?

Hopefully this will make it so people will stop asking for special features in Sponge. Very good and well written article.

1 Like

So what I take from this is you want plugins built into sponge?

I think that plugins should be separate from the Sponge API.

1 Like

I agree with this.

Good idea for topic, because Minecraft is one of most played games at this time (without WoW, Guild Wars etc…) - most played of Sandbox game. This topic is good for young part of MC community, which don’t understand how modded MC works… I don’t want to say, all of childrens which is playing MC are stupid, but when you are young, you don’t understand a lot of things.

Nice Work :smile: