Sponge Status Update -18th April 2015

They did that for the API but sadly not for the two implementations:

Nice progress update!

I will try to finish my mail plugin so you can run it on the server!

2 Likes

Yes, I know, that’s why I suggested it for “the implementation’s progress”. Github’s issue / milestone system is great to show a percentual progress, even if different issues take different amounts of time to be worked on and because of that, it would hardly be accurate.

Even regarding to the API, it seems to me that not everything that really belongs to 2.0 has an issue. The milestone isn’t closed, even though it says it’s ready for 100% ^^

1 Like

Awesome! I’ve been missing these updates :slight_smile:

Hell yes…

1 Like

To all the folks above suggesting to make issues for TODOs, I absolutely agree. It would be wonderful to have that in place. The fact of reality is this is a hobby project and I dedicate almost 100% of my free time and lunch breaks to work to make Sponge better.

@blood and myself have spent the better of the last few weeks ensuring that the World creation/management API is as stable as can be. Its almost there; a jarring bug is on Sponge’s issue tracker that needs to be resolved (I’ll fix it or he will sometime this weekend) and we still need to make gamemode switching working between worlds.

I can’t do it all myself nor can my team. I’m pushing my people harder than I ever did my previous team in Spout and its a wonder that I haven’t had a mutiny on my hands. Its simple to make a forum post; its much harder to get out there and contribute.

To put it simply, we always need code, docs, feedback, anything really. Get out there and make a difference: help us out :).

12 Likes

Thanks for the good news :smile:
It’s always good to see that progress is being made.

Good timing to need a lot of help, I will be very available starting next Monday!

2 Likes

Seeing as how I’m free again, I should go to SoS 3. Gotta catch up on what i missed out :smiley:

2 Likes

i am super hype

Why is netbeans never supported?

When they sold out to Oracle, they kind of slipped out of the mainstream. Plus, the developers of Sponge use either Eclipse or IntelliJ. I can’t remember having spoken to anyone in the past couple years who ever said they used Netbeans.

1 Like

Simply put, there are very few developers on this project who use NetBeans.

Nevertheless, NetBeans workspace setup is described on SpongeDocs.

1 Like

Hello Sponge Communauty,
Sorry for my english, i speak french usualy…
Can someone, create the topic announcements for the State of Sponge 3 the 25/4/15?
Coz it s good to know it directly when we connect on spongepowered…
Hope u understand what i want say… Thx for your work…
See you tomorow…

2 Likes

Just a reminder everyone, State of Sponge III is at 9PM UTC. http://everytimezone.com/#2015-4-25,540,cn3

We would highly appreciate it if everyone could post any questions they have in this thread, we’d love to answer as many as possible.

I can assure everyone that you’ll want to tune to the livestream, as we have a great deal to discuss. As always, we will have a demonstration server set up with some cool demo plugins. We hope to see you there! :blush:

Join us at: http://www.twitch.tv/SpongePowered

2 Likes

How will direct plugin downloading (Ore straight to server) be handled?

Is there an estimated time when the web overhaul will be done and pushed to live?

What optimizations are currently implemented, and which ones are waiting to be?

4 Likes

Will it be possible to append custom metadata with the new data API?

Why don’t you rename Sponge to SpongeForge?

When will you publish the LLC financial status?

4 Likes

NOW is always the best time - so the best way to improve time of development is release even an experimental playable version with bugs like spigot did with 1.7 and let users report bugs suggestions etc, and you need to use some of PM techniquis GANTS for features and GOALS. currently its very hard to develop servers my network is hold right now and i dont change anything becouse i’m not sure witch way is good. meybe sponge ?

There is an “experimental playable version”; you just have to compile it yourself :wink:

And the most hated question ever:
Any ETA on a first alpha jar of Sponge oder SpongeVanilla? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d ask the same Q as boformer and dotdash.

4 Likes