Sponge Status Update - 1st March 2016

Step 1 is not an option. I am exploring other options at the moment, as well as communicating with the guys at Patreon. They might allow me to fund my account using prepaid, but the issue is that they can’t rely on a prepaid for recurring charges.

Ah, okay. Makes sense.

Only 10 hours until State of Sponge IX: http://itsalmo.st/#sos-ix

Get excited! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m away this morning and won’t get home until around 15 minutes after SoS starts… Let’s see how much bandwidth Twitch uses and how much I have left on my data connection! :wink:

Last time it was around 3mbit/s for the stream in 1080p

The stream quality options are only available after some time. So before(probably the whole 15 minutes and more) Twitch decides based on your connection how much data it is sending. When you have a good connection you won’t have much left I guess. How much gigabytes do you have?

Just watch the 15 minutes afterwards on YouTube. I think it wouldn’t be worth to look this on mobile.

1 Like

Twitch doesn’t even seem to work on my phone :frowning: Oh well.

EDIT: And I’m in on my laptop. Finally! :smile:

Can someone give me any keynotes/summary from the stream? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Usually they post a YouTube video afterwards.

Could someone post a link?

Normally @gabizou uploads it but there isn’t a video yet.

1 Like

It’s still available on Twich for now https://www.twitch.tv/spongepowered/v/52575632

1 Like

When is sponge 1.9 coming out?

Awww pleaaaaaase

Please don’t ask for it

1 Like

Well that didn’t give me a date. But if there isn’t a exact date then thats ok.

We don’t give exact dates for development builds of various things, including jumps between minecraft versions. Currently, you can pull SpongeVanilla down from github and build it and run it, but as you’ll notice, it’s still in development (mostly because we’re introducing new systems with this update).

1 Like

@gabizou Will sponge team implement API 6 for minecraft 1.8? I hope you implement the 1.9 api for minecraft 1.8.

No. There’s a reason why it’s API version 6.