SpongeForge crashes when start

Maybe the installer is doing something fancy with the forge jar, but you can just download the universal jar directly from http://files.minecraftforge.net/
If you click “Show all downloads” and hover over the (i) you see the sha-1 is 47f67b31c2a55ccbc63268a7b0915dce341c06c2
You can do this to verify spongeforge too at spongeforge
SHA-1 of minecraft_server.1.8.jar is A028F00E678EE5C6AEF0E29656DCA091B5DF11C7

But as already discovered, the files work on another computer so I think it’s something to do with that computer you’re running it on.

Maybe it’s the PATH variable, or broken JRE, or some Java security setting.

Have you tried creating a completely new spongeforge server? Just set up a new server directory and see if it still happens.
The most recent error is definitely the same as the one you posted?

Through my experience upgrading my OS to Win 10 java can cause many issues if it is not installed correctly. Even when you uninstall java there is a multitude of information including registry entries still present even after a restart. Also i have noticed how you build the server directly is also as important. With that being said, here is the steps i use as i have ran into problems before here and there nothing consistent but still there.

1. Uninstall Java. I dont care if it’s VM, JDK, JRE. I use iobits uninstaller to do this because of its powerful scanning feature after the regular install. This will show you the amount of data that is still left behind after a normal uninstall done by the application and/or windows. Once this is done restart your pc.

2. Install VM to run your server with then restart the pc again.

3. Install JDK as this will come with the jre and u will want when using visualVM. Restart PC

4. Now the minecraft server you want. In your case first run the minecraft server jar til it loads all the way then stop the server.

5. Next install the appropriate minecraftForge for 1.8 (pref the recommended build). Start the server. When its finish again stop the server.

6. Now we will add spongeforge. Start server again then stop when loaded.

To often i have made these errors. Yes is worked a handful of times diff ways but in the end the more intricate your server becomes the more you notice little things you missed becoming exponential problems. Servers, as well as java, need to be installed correctly for the best java registry layout as well as a much cleaner built upon server foundation. After all when you build a house u dont throw the foundation and walls up at the same time so why should pc data be any other way. Especially when it comes to registering via java.

Just my 2 cents hope it helps !

Malicious_Syns

Thanks for replies. I tried but i have got new error (I think) . Dont think about 64 bit or 32 bit java bc i tried all of them. :confused:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

WARNING: coremods are present:
  SpongeCoremod (spongeforge-1.8-1577-2.1-DEV-934.jar)
Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge

// I bet Cylons wouldn't have this problem.

Time: 18.12.2015 17:50
Description: Exception in server tick loop

net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:339)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:483)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:87)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:355)
	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:117)
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:438)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:213)
	at org.spongepowered.common.data.processor.common.AbstractSingleDataProcessor.<init>(AbstractSingleDataProcessor.java:43)
	at org.spongepowered.common.data.processor.common.AbstractSingleDataSingleTargetProcessor.<init>(AbstractSingleDataSingleTargetProcessor.java:49)
	at org.spongepowered.common.data.processor.common.AbstractEntitySingleDataProcessor.<init>(AbstractEntitySingleDataProcessor.java:38)
	at org.spongepowered.common.data.processor.data.entity.ScreamingDataProcessor.<init>(ScreamingDataProcessor.java:44)
	at org.spongepowered.common.data.DataRegistrar.setupSerialization(DataRegistrar.java:172)
	at org.spongepowered.common.registry.SpongeGameRegistry.preRegistryInit(SpongeGameRegistry.java:135)
	at org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeMod.<init>(SpongeMod.java:120)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:334)
	... 6 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.8
	Operating System: Windows 10 (x86) version 10.0
	Java Version: 1.8.0_66, Oracle Corporation
	Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Oracle Corporation
	Memory: 74391872 bytes (70 MB) / 216715264 bytes (206 MB) up to 259522560 bytes (247 MB)
	JVM Flags: 0 total; 
	IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
	FML: MCP v9.10 FML v8.0.99.99 Minecraft Forge 11.14.4.1563 3 mods loaded, 0 mods active
	States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
		mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) 
		FML{8.0.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge.jar) 
		Forge{11.14.4.1563} [Minecraft Forge] (forge.jar) 
	Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
SpongeCoremod (spongeforge-1.8-1577-2.1-DEV-934.jar)
  org.spongepowered.mod.asm.transformer.WorldGeneratorTransformer
  org.spongepowered.common.launch.transformer.SpongeSuperclassTransformer
	Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
	Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge,SpongeForge'
	Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

Wait a minute…[quote=“CyberFree, post:23, topic:10269”]
Memory: 74391872 bytes (70 MB) / 216715264 bytes (206 MB) up to 259522560 bytes (247 MB)
[/quote]

Why are you even attempting to run sponge on 250MB of RAM?
Try increasing the RAM to 2GB (use the flags -Xmx2G and -Xms1G)

Looks like they had tried various ram values.

Have you tried running it on a different world? If the world isn’t big, maybe zip it up and share it with someone?

According to the stack trace, this is before any worlds have been loaded.

Rerun this server with the proper version of forge (Forge 1577)

FML: MCP v9.10 FML v8.0.99.99 Minecraft Forge 11.14.4.1577 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active

I have no idea why the numbers keep changing, but the original post had ^

Not working. I tried all of them.
:confused:

@CyberFree

Any plugins installed?

Can you try running your server again, with the latest SpongeForge build (941)

Nope. No plugins are installed. I tested with build 941.

BUMP. Please help.

Jump on IRC, your case seems super weird and several of the numbers are changing between posts. without more information it’s going to be nearly impossible to help you.

https://webchat.esper.net/?channels=sponge

OK last idea I’ve got - Try SpongeVanilla https://repo.spongepowered.org/maven/org/spongepowered/spongevanilla/

@FourFire ???

Apologies, I posted in the wrong thread.

OK so after a long time this issue is actually now fixed.
The problem was to do with the language set on your computer. Some non-English languages caused problems with sponge internals.
It was fixed in this commit:

Get the latest version of SpongeForge (along with correct Forge) and it should now be fine.

Oh… Gross.

So what happens if you pass in a catalog type as a command argument…

@ryantheleach It passes the string to the gameregistry which will lowercase the string with Locale.ENGLISH
https://github.com/SpongePowered/SpongeAPI/blob/master/src/main/java/org/spongepowered/api/command/args/GenericArguments.java#L1288

1 Like