SpongeStart Gradle plugin

Tried 2016 eap as well and I am not happy with it

I believe that the issues in Intellij with gradle sourcesets were fixed - JetBrains hasnā€™t done another release with the fixes yet, though.

3 Likes

How about adding this gradle plugin to the official plugins repo? Gradle - How do I get my plugin into the portal?

plugins { id "com.github.qixalite" version "1.4" } (or something like that)

would be the only thing the plugin developer that wants to use SpongeStart had to add to the buildscript. Would be cool!

He didā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Lol, uhm, cool! :smile: Didnā€™t expected that!

2 Likes

I only added it recently tho :slight_smile:. Anyway I updated the build.gradle examples.

1 Like

I run setupServer but it does not generate main class. Profile is generated though.

If your using idea 2016 you will need to add the start library manually. Itā€™s located here:

windows: %UserProfile%/.gradle/caches/spongestart/start
linux/mac: ~/.gradle/caches/spongestart/start

We will have to wait until jetbrains releases their gradle sourceset fix as @Aaron1011 mentioned.

1 Like

Iā€™ve (finally) managed to get the setup working but gradle tasks --all doesnā€™t show me any task that looks like itā€™ll run the server / client. How do I run server / client?

In IntelliJ this plugin generates 2 run configurations: Forge and Vanilla. Select one and hit run.

I donā€™t use IntelliJ, I use Eclipse.

15 charactersā€¦

Edit:
Maybe you can start this MainClass manually. Or simply use IntelliJ, it is better :thumbsup:

1 Like

Trying to do that results in class not found. Whatā€™s your classpath setup?

I have done what the instructions of this plugin say. The source of this plugin is online. I havenā€™t changed anything.

Iā€™ve done the same thing and Iā€™ve even tried in IntelliJ IDEA. It does not generate the run configurations and the StartServer class cannot be found.

Edit: Nevermind, I read the above posts.

Now I get another problemā€¦ Running the server does not run my Sponge plugin.
Iā€™ve tried with both (manually created) Forge and Sponge configurations, using the instructions in the README.md.

Time to download eclipse and see if I can get it working I guess.

Only thing I could think of is that their isnā€™t an @Plugin class in your classpath. Also if you need to manually create your run configuration I think something might be wrong.

Can you show me these things:

1. build.gradle
  2. classpath (press f4 when selecting your project in intelij)

With 1.4.3 I fixed the problems with idea 2016. Although it does break other versions.

3 Likes

when running setupServer ā€¦

Version: 1.4.3

That should be fixed in 1.4.5 I think. Havenā€™t checked yet but my issue on github about this is closed on assume he fixed it

1 Like