Switching online-mode

Hello there!

I’m thinking about moving my server from 1.7.10 Thermos to 1.10 SpongeForge. I found some problems with it, such as some plugins I use are not ported. Biggest problem are two plugins - AuthMe and FastLogin.

Our server is in online-mode false and I’m not gonna change it. But also I want to offer protection and comfort for players who bought MC. So I use FastLogin as oppinion to skip logging in for premium.

But here comes the problem. I’m able to write my own AuthMe-like plugin, but FastLogin uses ProtocolSupport library and I don’t think author of this lib is going to port it to Sponge.

So, do you have any idea I can detect player name when joining and by my database change online-mode to true or false for this player?

Maybe having a look at other Auth plugins helps?

Also note that we don’t support cracked servers…
If you want to develop a two factor auth plugin, that’s fine though :wink:

1 Like

I don’t want to use two factor auth. I want to make plugin with logics from AuthMe and let players with original MC login without using password.

I’m still surprised that people run unauthorized versions still…

In Czech republic its only one way to make server. There’s still more people without premium. There’s no way to change this. But I want to give premium players some advantage.

Im not asking you about auth plugin, 'cause I can make it anyway. I’m asking you about advantage for premium people.

There is no premium Minecraft. There is only people who bought the game instead of running a cracked version.

1 Like

For better orientation we call them Premium - 'cause they deserve this name. They paid for good game. I also bought MineCraft even at times when it wasn’t so available in Czech republic and I paid +25% for it. But lot of people I know can’t afford buing MC - 'cause they have no money, or they are young and parents won’t give them money for buing game, or for our admins - they have to use another acc to play, so they are not disturbed and people are not telling „Hey, you are using creative when you play!"

I know you are against online-mode=false and I understand it. But in Czech when server want’s to survive, it has to run offline mode. There are servers such as TrainCraft.cz, but there are few people playing on this server, 'cause of online-mode.

I’m begging you for all those players which bought MC - help me to give them advantage against people who don’t, like this plugin.

He is not against that you have online-mode off, (I have online mode off on my servers since i use bungeecord).

It seems like your request is a plugin where people can login without a password? maybe you should make a plugin request for that instead.

You are running a cracked server - whatever you call it is up to you. But in the end you are still providing people with a way to use a cracked game on your server - and that gives you some problems where you need plugins to go around this.

You can also sell your apples cheaper if you steal them from your neighbor than if you paid him money for them - this does not mean that you have to go steal his apples.

Actually I’m not asking about login plugin - that’s somethink I can write on my own. I just want to write extension in which people with original MC can login without password (like FastLogin for Spigot).

So I’m asking about help with it - functions I can use for it etc.