💭 UltimateChat Universal Version (All APIs Compatible)

The prefix weights are set properly and are also shown properly on nucleus’ chat format though. I think it should take the user’s meta prefix first, if that doesn’t exist, it takes their biggest weighted group prefix.

@FabioZumbi12

You can get the NucleusMessageTokenService out of the Sponge service manager, then you’ll want this method:

http://jd.nucleuspowered.org/io/github/nucleuspowered/nucleus/api/service/NucleusMessageTokenService.html#applyToken-java.lang.String-java.lang.String-org.spongepowered.api.command.CommandSource-

You can get it out by calling service.applyToken("nucleus", "displayname", CommandSource).

The dependency is available on the readme file, use version 0.22.0-S5.1. If you would rather use JitPack, that’s possible too.

I still suggest that you have a fallback option where it just adds tags to the start of the chat message, rather than obliterating Nucleus’ (or other plugins) formatting completely. I might have a go at PRing that.

Does this mean that you won’t be adding channels to nucleus?

No, it doesn’t mean that. I just want to ensure other plugins can use the features Nucleus provides - the message token service is meant for all sorts of plugins, not just chat channel plugins!

Whenever I try to use uChat with flexible login, it won’t let me /login… Gives an unknown command error
Any ideas on how to fix that?

Maybe flexiblelogin is registering the alias /l for login, and uChat uses /l for local channel. You can remove the local channel of UChat to see if solves.

Anyway, paste the error log here if the error still.

Yes, that’s exactly what’s happening.
It would be very convenient to have an option to disable the /g /l command and only enable /ch g and /ch l
Do you think that is possible? And would that solve the problem?

On truth, the better way its flexible login add a option to disable the alias /l, like Authme do on Bukkit. You can change the alias to /loc on UChat, but will need to use /ch loc too.

I can’t get the prefixes/suffixes and playername colors to work. I’m using LuckPerms. If I disable UltimateChat then Nucleus will sort out the prefixes just fine so I’m pretty sure that they are correctly set up in permissions.

The configuration with LuckPerms can be too complicated because prefix/suffix inheritances. I cant help with LP configuration, but we have some users using with LP where can help you on our Discord: https://discord.gg/YWmGSHs

I can’t understand how to create prefixes. I use SImplePermissions. can someone help me?

[details=Summary]im getting this error
https://gist.github.com/FiveEYZ/78cb65ef4a4a518c7cc42d113e60b432[/details]

even after the chat fix in sponge (build 2236), im still getting error from ultimatechat

if it helps, here is my fml-server-latest.log

May I request a few features ?
Having a configurable first character to talk on a certain channel instead of typing a command.

e.g. :
<!Message> would be a global message
<Message> would be a local message (within X blocks range)
<*Message> would be a global trading message

Using UltimateChat-Sponge-1.7.2-b36 on spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2401.jar for MC 1.10.2:

I can’t get /broadcast or /ubroad type commands to work. Client says that the commands don’t exist, but the config says that they are enabled. When I use ‘/ultimatechat:<tab_button>’, only the channel commands show as available.

Please advise. Thank you!

Also, it seems that everytime a CustomNPC tries to talk, uChat tries to pick up on it and gets a pretty messy error from it. Might I suggest having uChat ignore them?

Thanks again!

I do not understand why there seems to no support on Discord for this product. So much for “fast” support servicing it said on here… :frowning:

Will be added.

Have you tryed 1.7.3? (The latest version from Ore)

You mean this? Discord

1 Like

@ManyetikPikachu I’m only saying this once:

You didn’t sign a contact, no one said fast means 5 minute wait time, no one is being paid to do anything here, you’re even ignoring the fact that this is all a personal project. I will put my foot down here that this thread is specifically for the support of the plugin, if you want to get support, then you can reply requesting support in the fashion that you see fit, but complaining about the speed at which you receive that support and holding high expectations is laughable at best in a modding community. Seriously, patience is required in open source or community projects such as this. If you are unwilling to have patience, then I’m kindly suggesting you exercise some patience.

As for the rest of the thread, let’s keep this back on track, shall we?

3 Likes

Hello there, I am trying to get UltimateChat to run in the following environment:

• BungeeCord Server (Waterfall), Plugins UltimateChat-Bungee-1.7.3-b26.jar, BungeeTabListPlus-2.7.0.jar, SpongePls.jar
  • Forge/Sponge Server (1.11.2, forge 2393), spongeforge-1.11.2-2393-6.1.0-BETA-2511.jar, UltimateChat-Sponge-1.7.3-b67.jar, helpme-5.0.0-0.2.2.jar, SpongyCord-1.1.1.jar

UltimateChat is working on both Forge / Sponge Servers.

But I am trying to get cross server chat to work. The two channels admin and global I have set bungeecord=true. But there is no cross server chat.

Do I need anything else for that to work?
Is it normal, that UltimateChat doesn’t write any configs on the bungeecord server in the plugins folder or anywhere else?

Can you help me?

Also the next step will be to integrate Discord into this setup. Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and hopefully giving me some hints.

Michael (aka BakermanLP)

Hi,

the bungeecord funktion doesn’t work probertly, or not.
i try it but it seems no one can read this Server wide. And the plugin isn’t bungeecord compatible.