Time out immediately when logging into SpongeForge server

Yep, dropbox is fine :slight_smile:

There you go. That should start the download of the log immediately if I’m not mistaken. Thanks for helping me out! I know I have a crap ton of plugins in the server right now, but all I really care about working is Skript. The server I’m running now is running 1.7.10 and has a mega crap ton of custom coding that I don’t want to lose and all the Sponge replacements for Skript seem to change the coding language. XD

Oh, looks like that log file ended abruptly with

Run the command /fml confirm or or /fml cancel to proceed.
Alternatively start the server with -Dfml.queryResult=confirm or -Dfml.queryResult=cancel to preselect the answer.

Run the server again and let the error happen, then the log should contain the error.

Here you go. Sorry about the wait. It takes the server a good minute to read all the Skript files (it produces a ton of errors but I expect that to be because those files are actually for another server so things like “teleport to (coords) in ‘pixelmon’” would be loaded as an error because the server I’m playing with right now doesn’t have a world named ‘pixelmon’, stuff like that. XD That log should have everything you need, I logged on and let myself get timed out…well, not like I really had a choice in the matter. XD

Just looking through some of the errors. It is evident that Pore is not in a state capable of loading many of your Bukkit plugins.
I suggest looking for Sponge or Forge alternatives for all the Bukkit plugins.

The errors here have TODO markers which are features that have not been finished in Pore.

Caused by: org.apache.commons.lang3.NotImplementedException: TODO
	at blue.lapis.pore.impl.PoreServer.getScoreboardManager(PoreServer.java:757) ~[PoreServer.class:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-git(master-7e6e2f3)-jnks293]
	at org.bukkit.Bukkit.getScoreboardManager(Bukkit.java:1050) ~[Bukkit.class:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-git(master-7e6e2f3)-jnks293]
	at net.dzikoysk.wildskript.objects.scoreboard.Scoreboards.<clinit>(Scoreboards.java:13) ~[?:?]
org.apache.commons.lang3.NotImplementedException: TODO
	at blue.lapis.pore.impl.PoreServer.getDefaultGameMode(PoreServer.java:655) ~[Pore-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/:?]
	at me.ryanhamshire.GriefPrevention.GriefPrevention.onEnable(GriefPrevention.java:226) ~[?:?]
org.apache.commons.lang3.NotImplementedException: TODO
	at blue.lapis.pore.impl.PoreServer.getOfflinePlayer(PoreServer.java:596) ~[Pore-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/:?]
	at org.bukkit.Bukkit.getOfflinePlayer(Bukkit.java:753) ~[Pore-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/:?]
	at com.Acrobot.ChestShop.UUIDs.NameManager.load(NameManager.java:241) ~[?:?]
	at blue.lapis.pore.impl.entity.PorePlayer.isSleepingIgnored(PorePlayer.java:234) ~[Pore-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/:?]
	at org.kitteh.vanish.VanishManager.setSleepingIgnored(VanishManager.java:452) ~[?:?]
	at blue.lapis.pore.impl.PoreServer.getScoreboardManager(PoreServer.java:757) ~[Pore-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/:?]
	at org.bukkit.Bukkit.getScoreboardManager(Bukkit.java:1050) ~[Pore-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/:?]
	at net.dzikoysk.wildskript.util.User.<init>(User.java:19) ~[?:?]
	at blue.lapis.pore.impl.PoreServer.isPrimaryThread(PoreServer.java:731) ~[Pore-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/:?]
	at org.bukkit.Bukkit.isPrimaryThread(Bukkit.java:1002) ~[Pore-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/:?]
	at ch.njol.skript.util.Task.callSync(Task.java:137) ~[?:?]

Because these plugins didn’t start up properly, there are errors when they try and do anything.

I’mma remove them all except for Skript and try again. Skript is the only Bukkit plugin I really need. The others can be replaced with Sponge alternatives.

Okay, so I have them all removed except for Skript and WildSkript. I’m able to stay on the server now without getting timed out (PROGRESS!) but none of my custom commands are working. Skript commands such as “/skript reload” are working, but the commands I made myself just come up as “Unknown command” despite Skript being loaded and enabled? I’m confused. Also, Pixelmon is installed on this server but I see no Pixelmon at all. When I try sending the one I have on me out, it gives the console another error.

Again, Pore is broken, buggy, and incomplete. It’s also been discontinued, because the devs felt that supporting bukkity coding would be a bad idea.

I believe there are already a few scripting plugins for Sponge. I’d recommend you go to the Plugin Releases category and search it for “script” or somethink akin to that. There was mention about Skript being ported a long time ago, but apparently its users voted for it to stay on Spigot instead, so I’m afraid you’d have to find a replacement plugin.

It’s also a LOT of work.

If Skript is all you need, check out DirectScript:

Furthermore, @flibio is planning a script plugin:

I’d be cool with finding a replacement for Skirpt itself. I do not, however, want to find a replacement coding language. :stuck_out_tongue: Doing a rough estimate, there’s close to 1-3 GB of .sk files in my server that I obviously don’t want to have to rewrite.

I’ve checked out DirectScript already. Its language is dramatically different than Skripts. I’d be spending the next 9-12 months rewriting all the coding files for my server. XD

*quietly seeths, as Skript is so not one of those, (even if it is a DSL)

Why not just learn Java? It’s quite versatile…

1 Like

9-12 months

Honestly at this point just write a plugin. Or request one.

I agree, If you have that much scripted content, create a plugin. You’ll probably get better performance that way, and the freedom to create exactly what your looking for.

Wouldn’t I have to get in touch with the author of Skript to begin with to find out if he plans to update Skript to Sponge? I’ve never made plugins, and I really don’t have the time. I wouldn’t know where to start or even begin to comprehend Java enough to make a plugin that will read .sk files. XD

If you don’t want to learn Java, you can learn JavaScript, which is simpler than Java, and use SpongeJavaScript.

Meh, not necessarily.

Some notions are complex, but JavaScript is simpler than Java, in my opinion