TimeWarp - Manipulate time itself and extend the time of day!

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, TimeWarp. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

TimeWarp Build Status

TimeWarp is a small plugin that opens up the ability to change the length of day in Minecraft.

Donate

Like a lot of plugin developers I devote my free time to create and improve this plugin. If you appreciate the work done and want to continue to see it supported please consider becoming a patron.

Features

• Ability to extend or skip parts of the day
  • Ability to set the time to wake up
  • Per-world settings

Installation

This plugin makes use of Mixin technology (see below for details). Please refer to the Sponge documentation for installing this plugin.

Usage

Usage of Mixin

TimeWarp utilizes Mixins to accomplish scaling of the day by manipulating WorldServer#tick to follow custom logic for incrementing world time.

2 Likes

A new version has been released for TimeWarp, it is available for download here.

Fixed issue that prevented proper loading of the plugin.

A new version has been released for TimeWarp, it is available for download here.

Changelog

• Added support for GameReloadEvent. Closes #2.

Changelog

• Added support for Forge b2228 and above

Im sorry for not posting this on the bug tracker on guthub, I cant seem to make an account there. I am getting this error in the console.
https://gyazo.com/2a573e8a9d3139b3b892db24a8ca9e0a

[11:28:43] [Server thread/WARN] [timewarp]: Value [3600] in [sync.worlds.world] for DayPart [Noon] is below the default length for Minecraft [12000] and will not be used. Use 0 to skip this daypart.
[11:28:43] [Server thread/WARN] [timewarp]: Value [3600] in [sync.worlds.world] for DayPart [Noon] is below the default length for Minecraft [12000] and will not be used. Use 0 to skip this daypart.

It seems to think that 3600 is below the default value for noon, but Im fairly certain the default is 1800?
Is that actually skipping noon on my server right now?

Actually the default value for noon is 12000 as it mentions in the console message. 3600 is the value you’re attempting to set it as. You can see the default values on the Configuration page as well. :slight_smile:

Changelog

• Stop double initialization of WorldDay which caused duplicate warnings when a warning was printed to the console.

Changelog

• Prevent issue with time passed to DayPartType search being outside
    scope of a vanilla Minecraft day
  • Make warning for value too low message a bit more clear

Ah, well that’s what has confused me. You have set the default value to be 1800, not 12000.
Thanks for clearing that up though mate.

https://gyazo.com/2a48e2c2b383df31877e2715cf6a86c0

Oh I see, it says below the default is 12000, but the config example above says 1800. My bad.

Ah sorry about that. I have fixed the example and updated the message to be a bit clearer as well. Please make sure you grab 2.1.5 from the Ore page. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you run in to anymore issues.

Thanks for your hard work mate, it is appreciated :slight_smile:

Changelog

• Fix issue that prevented worlds that were not enabled from ticking up world time.

Changelog

• Tweak default timeframes to better match Vanilla spec. May be adjusted further based on any feedback
  • Add ‘timewarp daypart’ command to get the current daypart based on the time of day
  • Fix issue that prevented moon phases from properly taking place

Breaking Changes

• Rename ‘Noon’ daypart to ‘Day’ (Note: This WILL require you to modify your configuration to adjust ‘Day’ instead of ‘Noon’)

A very slight thing I have noticed, it doesn’t bother me but I thought I’d let you know.

My “Hub” world is set to be morning 24/7. Whenever it hits 6AM, there is a extremely fast black flash on my screen. I’m not sure if i’m the only one who see’s it.

I have an idea of what is happening. I’ll take a look sometime tomorrow and see what I can do.

Hiya

We still seem to be having problems getting this to work, using the same config as before that I posted on the plugin’s thread but daytime still only lasts around 12 mins, same as vanilla even though we have noon: 36000.

Full config:

I did actually try to use lowercase in the UnionWorldDW1 entry but it came up with an error in the console, so it appears to be picking up the world, just not affecting the actual time.

This is on SpongeForge 2215

@York Please make sure you try 2.2.0 as I had changed a few things between versions.

Assuming Sponge doesn’t allow multiple worlds with the same names but different cases I can probably make my checks case-insensitive but that doesn’t fix your issue. Let me know how 2.2.0 fairs.

@York Just wanting to confirm but are you running 1.10.2 or 1.11.2?

Changelog

• Prevent flicker when skipping dayparts
  • Add console message when a player runs the /timewarp reload command
  • Add support for specifying the daypart to wake up at
  • Remove case-sensitivity checks against worlds
  • Fix issue that prevented default configuration from being generated
  • Other minor improvements